Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
General experience canvassed

Found a very good airfare for a trip on Kayak - problem is it seems only to be available through Travel Up who have less than stellar reviews for customer service in some instances.

Anyone with personal experience?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I used Skyscanner to source flights from Dublin to Denver, I found myself booked with them. They did the job, sent the relevant info and were on the end of a phone for any questions.

The only issue I had, was the time to get to the connecting flight in each direction, was very tight (though legal). We did make the connections, but the flights were boarding by the time we got there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
used travel up a couple of times, no problems. Once the airline changed the flight schedules and travelup processed a full refund (after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing). Had we booked direct with the airline it would have been simpler, but did save a pretty penny.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
smithski wrote:
used travel up a couple of times, no problems. Once the airline changed the flight schedules and travelup processed a full refund (after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing). Had we booked direct with the airline it would have been simpler, but did save a pretty penny.
I would use them again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, reading the reviews yesterday (because I'd never heard of them and was interested) it seems that if all goes well, you'd be fine. If not, you'd be fokked. A bit like Ryanair you might say.

Subnote 1: Isn't Kayak the same thing as Travel Up?

Subnote 2: I always do my best not to use intermediaries.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weird thing is that intermediaries seem to be offering lower fares than the airlines direct at the moment on some routes - I can only assume that they are kicking back some of their commission into subsidising fares and/or hoping to make it up in admin fees on changes. Some cheap as chips flights to N America at the moment but trying to get all in costs with baggage is a PITA
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Recently I found Travelup about 10% cheaper than BA direct so I successfully claimed the difference using the BA fare guarantee, after booking direct. They paid me twice the difference in the form of a voucher to be used for future bookings.

Not sure how many other airlines have a best fare guarantee but could be worth checking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Travel up a few time with no problems
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy