Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2018/19 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
The sache gondy was rarely closed due to winds but was often closed or late opening as some of the terrain it accessed is avalanche prone. Now at least the brev folks can ski a bit earlier or get the navette up to Lac. Granted that will be a bun fight!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
endoman wrote:
New webcam on the Val D'Isere site has some stunning views, and also hints at the Tunnel re opening if you look closely.

https://www.valdisere.com/en/webcam/leissieres-ridge/

The link has disappeared! How strange.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HoneyBunny wrote:
endoman wrote:
New webcam on the Val D'Isere site has some stunning views, and also hints at the Tunnel re opening if you look closely.

https://www.valdisere.com/en/webcam/leissieres-ridge/

The link has disappeared! How strange.

They have a problem with the 4G and are waiting for someone to go up and fix it.

The Front de Neige webcam was damaged by the works going on but seems to working again today.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Next week is looking unsettled, the weather models are not agreeing in detail, but it's going to be a lot colder and its looking increasingly showery towards the end of the week, as it will be cold enough for snow cannons in the main villages (they are gong at full tilt tonight on the Tov) there should be a meaningful number of pistes open on Sat 24th snowHead It may mean a trip up in a gondola to ski Creux, Marmottes and the green triangle, or up to either glacier. Skiing there will be, whether down to Tignes at 2100m and Val at 1850m remains to be seen!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For the non skiers/riders/cr@ppy days the resort has announced a new synthetic indoor ice rink in Tignespace. Its 300 sq metres and all types of skates can be used (evidently). It will be free to those with 2-15 day passes.

For ice rink spotters the details on the system that is being used are here:

https://xtraice.com/fr/patinoire-ecologique/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As long as there's skiing for the first two weeks of December I'm happy snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The only possible reason for the new Sache gondola is to provide a high capacity transfer between Brev and Lower Boisses. The old chair allowed foot passengers but this finished just above the bus stop (near Melezes).

I suspect the lift will run into the evening and the bars and restaurants in Brev will see the new gondola as a way of Kalinda residents getting up and down for apres. It would then also link Brev residents to the Lac/VC/Val buses.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excitement is building as I sail past Spurn Point........ snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway,

Enjoy your evening cruise Smile hopefully the north Sea is not too choppy 😵
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow cannons going full tilt at village level this morning; light snow in the forecast - things are finally improving at last Very Happy

The bottom of Double M is looking a lot better already - spotted a group of skiers on it first thing....It's not open is it Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is good news! I hope you're encouraging them to do all they can to get it ready for the Snowheads preseason bash? They should know we're big time
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're not there until 9th December Bennisboy - I'm watching from a bit of a distance via the webcams.... Very Happy

What date's the snowHead PSB?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice to see a bit of snow creeping into the forecasts for next week.
I'm guessing that unless there is a significant dump, it won't be enough to open the Palafour/Tichot side next weekend, seeing how bare they currently are!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tignes addict, nice and smooth ta! Arrived in dark so snow assessment tomorrow.
Chocks live from the Escale Blanche Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict wrote:
We're not there until 9th December Bennisboy - I'm watching from a bit of a distance via the webcams.... Very Happy

What date's the snowHead PSB?

Dec 1-8, then the follow up bash is the week after. I'm on both snowHead
ski holidays
@chocksaway, great to have ‘our man in resort’ broadcasting live! Just dithering about pushing the button on an early week 8th Dec, so watching with interest how the snow shapes up. ......
snow conditions
@chocksaway, welcome home! Looking forward to another season of brilliant updates.

I hope I can get out there this season but if not I'll just have to live through you and Steve (which means you have to go the new Cocorico for me).
snow report
I'm out this weekend. It's starting to look a bit white!!
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, The new Coco looks huge!

https://www.facebook.com/CocoricoTignes/videos/692983861066313/
ski holidays
Quite chilly today, and a dusting of snow above about 1800 metres, nothing to change the price of fish though. Have been a bit busy shopping and unpacking so I will have a full look at the weather tomorrow (dinner in Val Claret looms and the buses have stopped for the evening) and but some piccys up, including the arrangement of the new gondolas at Brev/Boisses.
ski holidays
bar shaker wrote:

It's going to be EPIC! Just what Tignes needs.

Hope they'll have enough loos though.
snow report
where abouts is it?
latest report
Looks to be near the bottom of the Double M in Val Claret. Between there and the pass office.
ski holidays
@Mark1863, ok tah
snow conditions
@stevew, Its the old Carline restaurant and terrace, that used to have the worst toilets in The EK bar none, so I hope @HoneyBunny, is right!
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@stevew, Its the old Carline restaurant and terrace, that used to have the worst toilets in The EK bar none, so I hope @HoneyBunny, is right!

Now I've seen the video clip on a proper screen I can see exactly where it is, good position.
latest report
Any word on the opening of Double M Chocsaway Puzzled

That's what signals the start of winter proper for me Smile
latest report
@mountainaddict, Pure speculation on my part but Double M doesn't look too far off being ready to go. (assuming Launches chair lift is in good order). Vanoise is running higher up. Snow cannons are running all the way from the top of Toviere, down Piste H to Val Claret. And Tignes.net is forecasting snow for Wednesday. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Double M normally opens this weekend. With temps this low, the cannons are going 24/7 so no reason it won't open.

chocksaway wrote:

The ones in Coco Val aren't brilliant. Us blokes have to go down into the Doudoune night club. It seems a low priority.
snow report
Never used the toilets in the Carline, what is wrong with the public ones next to the bus stop ?
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

It's going to be EPIC! Just what Tignes needs.

Hope they'll have enough loos though.

Not much chance of après ski sun; IIR that location is the first to fall into shadow. Confused
ski holidays
Piste map updated on the Tignes map. Update includes the ‘new’ tunnel piste. Hopefully less carnage than the one in Alpe d’Huez!
snow conditions
@hodgkins Is it online somewhere? The ones I've found haven't been updated.
snow report
Quote:
Pure speculation on my part but Double M doesn't look too far off being ready to go. (assuming Launches chair lift is in good order). Vanoise is running higher up. Snow cannons are running all the way from the top of Toviere, down Piste H to Val Claret. And Tignes.net is forecasting snow for Wednesday....
Cheers GeorgeVII but - never mind Double M - I just realised that Espace Killy is scheduled to open next Saturday Shocked.

Given that Bergmeister, our man currently on the spot in Val Thorens, has advised that VT tourist office is saying that they may not now open on Saturday (after already being put back a week....), I'm wondering what the chances are for Espace Killy this weekend...Puzzled
snow conditions
Ah, I meant Tignes App on iOS.
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:

Given that Bergmeister, our man currently on the spot in Val Thorens, has advised that VT tourist office is saying that they may not now open on Saturday (after already being put back a week....), I'm wondering what the chances are for Espace Killy this weekend...Puzzled

EK is looking in rude health, with more to come before the weekend. If we get the 5-10cm that some forecasts predict on Friday night/Sat morning, it could be as good as last year's first weekend. Bright or even sunny forecast for Sat pm and Sunday too snowHead

https://www.valdisere.com/en/webcam/borsat/
snow report
bar shaker wrote:

The ones in Coco Val aren't brilliant. Us blokes have to go down into the Doudoune night club. It seems a low priority.

Oh the girls use Doudoune as well, it's easier than fighting through to the ones behind the bar.

Kenzie wrote:

Not much chance of après ski sun; IIR that location is the first to fall into shadow. Confused

Coco in Val doesn't get afternoon sun either, but I've never noticed!! You just dance to keep warm Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hodgkins wrote:
Piste map updated on the Tignes map. Update includes the ‘new’ tunnel piste. Hopefully less carnage than the one in Alpe d’Huez!

I can't see myself giving it a try. 76% and unpisted, no thanks.
ski holidays
Pressed the button on a return to Val on Saturday - w/c 5th Jan, so this has now become my most important page on the whole of the internet yet again Very Happy
snow conditions
As promised here we go with the first detailed thoughts and reports for this season.

To start with, lets sort out the arrangement of the Brev and Boisses gondolas; there has been a lot of contrary info (some of it official!) but as they used to say the camera doesn't lie heres the shot of the Valley:

All it really shows is that there are 2 gondolas but thee re a lot more bubbles on the Boisses one, given they are all still in 'bubble wrap' (sorry) they all appear to be new. But from the Boissess free car park its obvious:

So you are going to have to get off the one out of Brev and tramp across some staging to then up lift to Boisses - they are not connected, so it is likely there will be some interesting queue management at peak times, or if ypu like a bun fight!

This morning was cold and clear and the snow cannons have been going at full tilt in the shade all day. The resort are staying tight lipped about what will be open, rest assured I am poking my nose in wherever I can. My own personal view is that Double M will be open to Val Claret, some of the Tov/Bellvarde area (up and down in the gondolas) some of the Solaise and maybe Le Fornet above the Cable Car - we shall see. Here's the Tov this morning:

As usual I suspect Val will be concentrating on the race pistes so punters will be playing second fiddle again.

The weather looks cold this week which will be good for the cannons, and showery over the weekend. The forecasts are varying wildly on the amount of snow, but I think talk of 40-50cm on Sat Sun is way too optimistic from the Apps. Next week will be cool and showery so things will slowly get better as we approach Dec. The jetstream is all over so expect all and any forecast to change.

Off to do some research in the Queue de Cochon wink wink
snow report
Cheers chocksaway Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy