Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2018/19 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
New webcam on the Val D'Isere site has some stunning views, and also hints at the Tunnel re opening if you look closely.

https://www.valdisere.com/en/webcam/leissieres-ridge/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@endoman, yes, the view is at the top of the 3000 drag isn't it
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From above the lift I think, but I see ladders near the lift...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like the Mayor of Val D'Isere had a little too much juice in Colmar last week and was arrested having abused a gendarme:

https://www.planetski.eu/news/10929
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tignes glacier now

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Comment from my mate who's over there 'Bloody hell that's icy' snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like they've put in a new fixed bullwheel to replace the floating one at the top of the 3000 Poma and the pylons look quite shiny suggesting they may be new or refurbished.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My husbands season pass has arrived.
We left home early this morning for a week of sunshine so hopefully when we return mine will have arrived.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
muppet wrote:
My husbands season pass has arrived.
We left home early this morning for a week of sunshine so hopefully when we return mine will have arrived.

It's easy to recharge your cards if you hang onto them. Mine are on year 3 now. This saves the worry of them arriving in the post.

By the way, the lifties like it if you use funny photos on your pass ID. They will remember you'll and you get a 'b'jour' and a smile snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
See Snow-Forecast.com is reporting up to a metre of snow to come at altitude this weekend and cover down to low levels?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fingers crossed eh?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mountainaddict, They started early 😂. The forecasts are varying massively. I could see 30-40cm by Monday up high, with showers and a cool week to follow, providing top ups. Still, it will be November so a reasonable chance of it remaining above 2500m.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It looks like a heck of a storm. Not sure EK will get the worst (or best) of it. It does look like the GM will be in a far better state by the middle of next week. Looking at the Weather thread the predicted course seems to be to the East of the EK. With a bit of luck it will move a bit West and temperatures will decline a bit so it is snow not rain.
I am flying out first day of main season (24/11) so anything will be welcome. A third or half open will be dandy!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hope for huge dumps the next couple of weeks - Arriving in Val november 29 - Fingers crossed!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As I'm out in 4 weeks for the season opener, also hoping that this weekend is the start of a big dump.

The last two years, it has snowed solid from the end of October and then given perfect sunshine for the 24th. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a quick reminder folks that tomorrow (26/10/1Cool is your last chance to buy the Espace Killy season pass from the Val d' Isere lift company for a discounted 1012 euros.

I almost missed this as I thought the offer ran to the end of October Shocked .

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 26-10-18 20:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Just checked some previous posts and someone had already pointed out the last day at the current price was the 26 Oct. Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Nothing to do with skiing, but I note that the TdF has a finish in Tignes in 2019.

Lets hope we get some decent pictures this time - IIRC the heli had technical issues so all the great panoramic views reaching the summit were missed.
ski holidays
Mark1863 wrote:
I am flying out first day of main season (24/11) so anything will be welcome. A third or half open will be dandy!

Any less than a third would be a disappointing start for the Espace (unless the links between Tignes & the other place are shut due to bad weather - which often brings snow. Every cloud has a etc)
snow conditions
Kenzie wrote:
Mark1863 wrote:

Any less than a third would be a disappointing start for the Espace (unless the links between Tignes & the other place are shut due to bad weather - which often brings snow. Every cloud has a etc)

After a summer like this, i just need snow under my feet, so even 60 km of the area open, will make my Day Happy
ski holidays

The new La Daille gondola, all finished.
ski holidays
Looks like
GM - Snow
Toviere / Bellvarde - Snow
Top of Borsat Express - Snow
VC and Lac - Sleet
Difficult to gauge the snowline due to white-out but suspect nearing 2500m

Edit - Wet Snow at Val Thorens so possibly snowline is 2300-2400m

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 27-10-18 10:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
much lower further north...webcams at 1600m showing snow settled at Samoens/GM
snow report
Snow settling in Le Lac based on web cam footage. Nothing in Brevieres though, so I am thinking down to 2000 to 2100 m
ski holidays
Snow has been settling in Lavachet all morning
around 1.5-2cm on the trees outside my apartment but its pretty wet
snow conditions
bar shaker wrote:

Amazing job - can't see the pic you posted but will look on the webcam.

They are such a feat of construction and engineering, it's amazing how fast they whack them in.
latest report
@nelly0168, yes Stage 19 finish in Val Claret, probably in the Grande Motte car park after taking in Brevieres, Boisses & Lac - ticking most of the Tignes boxes. Stage 20 finishing in Val Thorens before Paris parade. Could see a decider in Tignes.
ski holidays
bar shaker wrote:

Is it? All the bubbles are still all wrapped up and still looks like lots of temporary building fences in place. Not far off not quite there by the looks of it
snow report
Just booked my first trip to Tignes 13th - 20th April 2019. Never skied in France before and also never skied so late in the season either, anyone have Tignes experience of this time of the year? Hopefully snow conditions will still be good! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BRi87 wrote:
Just booked my first trip to Tignes 13th - 20th April 2019. Never skied in France before and also never skied so late in the season either, anyone have Tignes experience of this time of the year? Hopefully snow conditions will still be good! Very Happy

You’ll be absolutely fine!

http://youtube.com/v/UG7-8jIDEMY
ski holidays
I will be out there same time. Usually slushy lower down but always plenty to do in the sun!
snow report
Rob_Quads wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

Is it? All the bubbles are still all wrapped up and still looks like lots of temporary building fences in place. Not far off not quite there by the looks of it

Yeah the pisteurs FB page said it was finished but I agree there’s some tidying up and unwrapping to do.
ski holidays
BRi87 wrote:
Follow the sun around as it softens the snow. Use a high factor sun cream, even if it is cloudy.
snow conditions
Looks like a reasonable sized dollop will arrive tomorrow, snow line should be above the villages and it will be windy aloft - another duvet day!

Reports from in resort tell of the Army skinning up Double M this morning, but had to walk down later!
snow report
A little bit benign on the webcams this morning, but windy and the glacier is closed. The snow should arrive just after lunch..... Very Happy
ski holidays
https://www.facebook.com/snoworks/videos/299667220635744/UzpfSTEyNzY0MTUxMDU5NDEyNjoyMTU3MTQ2Mzg3NjQzNjE4/
snow report
chocksaway wrote:

Reports from in resort tell of the Army skinning up Double M this morning, but had to walk down later!

French Army retreating... surely not wink
latest report
Looking proper wintery this morning on the webcams. GM should be good when the weather clears.
And. I know most of it is likely to melt but lets me know skiing ain’t far away
snow report
@Whitegold, snowHead snowHead

The official scores on the doors are 20cm in Lac and 40cm on the Glacier, so that is set for the winter now methinx. Later this week and next shows a distinct warming with showers of sleet down to the villages. So, I suspect Mark is right the villages will turn green/white/green/white a few more times - (not as permanent as Kermit in a liquidiser - that's just green -red). Maybe that's a good job as I don't recall seeing all the preparations with tyres etc to protect the sports pitches - may be a bit late for ones on the top of the Tov to protect the gondola storage area roof!!
ski holidays
https://www.facebook.com/snoworks/videos/2148872888504274/

Seems skiable. snowHead

https://www.facebook.com/TignesSpiritCommunity/videos/317185505551058/

And the never-ending seasonal job

https://www.facebook.com/loop.bar.5/videos/189585051953160/
latest report

Eric from The Panoramic (top of the funi) posted this up this morning.

Impressive!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy