Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eureka moments?

Poster: A snowHead
jjams82 wrote:
@ALQ, Experiencing the "getting-on-a-bit" snowheads approach to skiing was probably my number 3 eureka moment... I never suspected lunch/coffee/drinks (and all the other excuses to stop a while and put stuff in your face) could be every bit as good as sliding.
Actually, I don't think this approach is age-related.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was having difficulty reducing the weight on my inside ski and an instructor told me to slide that foot forward a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Matt1959, you should read this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=39011#921509
It is a mere 29 pages long - happy reading! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shouldn't this be "Light Bulb moments"? Eureka moments in a ski resort could lead to serious frost bite!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, It was the older lot who introduced me to it so I saw it that way, but I take your point... Wherever it comes from, I'm a fan:D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Also, joining Snowheads and realising that it was easy to ski multiple weeks in a season without much effort.

Easy to do, just a bit more difficult to pay for Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Getting stiff boots & bindings to go with my stiff board.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Also, joining Snowheads and realising that it was easy to ski multiple weeks in a season without much effort.

Bashes were also a eureaka moment for me, discovering that transfer busses really don't have to be booked 3 months in advance:D
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jjams82 wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

Bashes were also a eureaka moment for me, discovering that transfer busses really don't have to be booked 3 months in advance:D

Or even 3 hours Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jjams82,
Quote:

Indeed, you can just rely on the sH who blinked first. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hurtle, Toofy Grin PMSL
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hurtle, Yes that does seem to be how it ends up eh!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@adithorp, @jjams82, xx
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nope, all been an evolution
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jjams82 wrote:
@ALQ, Experiencing the "getting-on-a-bit" snowheads approach to skiing was probably my number 3 eureka moment... I never suspected lunch/coffee/drinks (and all the other excuses to stop a while and put stuff in your face) could be every bit as good as sliding.

Cool
Never underestimate the wisdom of the Well-fed White-haired Wanderers (who can’t work piste maps well Embarassed )
ski holidays
@ALQ, Very Happy
latest report
@FoofyNoo, Many! Probably too many to remember, but here are a few (in no particular order):
1. On my second skiing holiday, realising that "attacking the slope" with a bit of aggression was a good way of making oneself lean forward.
2. The realisation that pole-planting made it all so much easier.
3. The realisation that unweighting at the right moment made the skis so much easier to turn.
4. The realisation that getting into a rythym and treating each turn as a springboard for the next produced big improvements in style and speed.
5. The realisation that pole-planting using just the wrists, rather than the whole arm, helped to prevent the shoulders and torso swinging.
6. A tip (passed on by a ski instructor late at night in a bar) to imagine when turning that I was trying to touch the bottom of my rib cage on my hip - helped immensely with angulation and getting the skis carving on their edges.
7. The realisation that "bend ze knees" really should be "bend ze ankles".
8. Perfecting the side-slip.
snow conditions
@adithorp, Laughing
snow conditions
From a great British Mountain guide, presumably from Alex...... who teaches guides.
Forget your feet when trying to distribute your weight more evenly, think about keeping your knees together and even.
Odd but it sure does work , perhaps a bit of displacement psychology.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy