Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Conditions in Cervinia / Zermatt / Plateau Rosa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi has anyone been to these areas in the last week or so? I would be very interested to know the conditions.

I was considering booking a WSSA summer course on 3rd week of August but I'm concerned about the heatwave. Weather forecasts show the glacier staying above freezing overnight for a few days running. WSSAs last Vlog was 15th July when conditions were still good..... their lack of Vlogs since is not encouraging. The webcams also don't look great.

Any actual news from the area would be good.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its a Glacier in Summer. If you care about the conditions, its probably not worth bothering?!?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm already booked in for the last week of August, if the heat continues I think I'll pack my Preachers so I can surf the slush Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm out at the moment (one of the coaches with WSSA). Conditions are amazing. Is really hot in town but snow is staying firm for the majority of the day - wind seems to be keeping it cool. Been out for coming up to 5 weeks and had just one super slushy day and one closed day, all others have been as good as you can get in summer. New blogs out every week. Not sure why you can't see them but here's the one from July 15th:
http://youtube.com/v/zuFyflNyEDM and the July 22nd week one just went online now which you can see here: https://www.facebook.com/WarrenSmithSkiAcademy/videos/vb.148837018541252/1846107485480855/?type=2&theater&comment_id=1846356652122605&notif_t=video_comment&notif_id=1532883720839162 will be uploaded to youtube shortly but is currently on facebook.

If you want daily updates the WSSA instagram feed is great: https://www.instagram.com/warrensmithskiacademy/ with pics uploaded pretty much every day from the glacier.

Fingers crossed things will stay like they've been for the last 4/5 weeks as it's honestly the best summer skiing we've had yet!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jorball, thanks for the post, nice to know snow is still good, like you say fingers crossed for the next few weeks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jorball, thanks for the post - very encouraging. I had seen the one from 15th but had wondered why there were no more. Also I’ve looked on the Plateau Rosa webcams and haven’t seen any skiers and it’s difficult to tell the snow cover.... it seems difficilult to get confirmation of the actual conditions. Do they snow canon the glacier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just been looking at your FB page - I see that’s clearly a better place for up to date info. (than the website / Youtube) Looks great there!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no snow cannons on the glacier - doesn't need it (and i think it's generally not done on glaciers). After the winter season the Glacier is mega healthy and the snow is honestly fantastic - better than we were expecting even! It's hard to express it without sounding like a lie/sell but check out the instagram feed - gives a really good feel for the conditions and we'll keep the weekly blogs coming and get the youtube page updated so they appear on there too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy