Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Resort help because I am too choosy!

Poster: A snowHead
tatmanstours wrote:
@Valkyrie, Depends on what kind of "early intermediate" we're talking about - some less adventurous ones might be happy with what Fieberbrunn has to offer, and some of those lower reds are the equivalent of blues elsewhere in the area. By the way, surely there is no connection to Leogang without taking a taxi or ski bus, or travelling via Saalbach?

My poor English- I meant that if you stayed in Leogang the connections into S-H were easier than thenconnectins from Fieberbrunn.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ousekjarr, @T Bar, @tatmanstours,

snowHead I wasn’t endorsing the quickfire summary by @whitegold. Just laughing at it.

I was crediting the OP with the grain of common sense needed to take @whitegold’s post with a large pinc if salt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Valkyrie, Sorry, I was being obtuse - must be the heat!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Whitegold seems to be so knowledgeable, perhaps he can point me at some of the cheap Brit Saalbach packages as I've been visiting the place for a few years and have found nothing cheap yet (good value - yes, cheap - no)?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, @Mjit, @northantsred, @Steilhang, @tatmanstours, @Drammeister,@hammerite, @ousekjarr,

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this post. I have booked and decided to stay in Hinterglemm for the 5th January in a hotel that I have had long conversations with regarding food and they suit me down to a T!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good choice!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NewSki, which hotel out of interest? Will be heading back to Hinterglemm in January again. Good choice of resort btw
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agreed Hinterglemm is top drawer, but please don’t say that you’re staying at the Reisinger. The food there is on the edible side of awful, this is one of those cases of getting what you pay for. I’m also quite happy with edible in the evening after a decent lunch and a few apres beers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hammerite wrote:
please don’t say that you’re staying at the Reisinger. The food there is on the edible side of awful,

Never stayed there but friends who did said similar, if not worse.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@maggi, we’ve stayed twice, but both times paid self catering/B&B type rates so didn’t mind eating out if we didn’t fancy the evening meal options. We’re also not particularly fussy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski wrote:
@NewSki, which hotel out of interest? Will be heading back to Hinterglemm in January again. Good choice of resort btw

the Theresia Gartenhotel because the food looks 10/10 aswell as it being organic which I am a big fan of, had long emails with the owner who was very helpful. I am a big fan of food and try my best to base my holidays on the eating, so now I get the variety and choice I wanted and know what I am putting into my body, I chose Hinterglemm over Ischgl and St Anton - we prefer to be first on and last off the slopes then back to hotel in the evening to stuff our faces!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NewSki, that hotel looks great! (I'm with you on food being a big part of the holiday.)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maggi wrote:
@NewSki, that hotel looks great! (I'm with you on food being a big part of the holiday.)

Stay at the Dorfschmiede....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bob, just looked that up. Apparently it's the sister hotel of the Alpine Palace which is just about my favourite ski hotel ever! Both food and spa facilities are top class.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Bob, Heard bad things about the Dorfschmiede , from more than one source and over many years. However it may have changed hands so my information might be out of date. We don’t recommend it though. Would be interested in any recent experiences.
latest report
Theresia is a great choice. Our 6th visit due in 2 weeks time, 7th booked for new year week. Great food, owners and staff lovely, v relaxing, good spa, lobby, bar, pool etc. It’s hard to fault from my point of view.
Friends have done the cheap bit of Alpine Palace a couple of times and loved it but it’s too ruski bling for my taste with v smoky lobby (wtf?!?). We had friends at the reisineger (sp?) a few years ago - are there on the first night then spent every subsequent night at the Theresia with us after takeaway pizza. One to avoid.
snow conditions
@Jj72, I disagree about avoiding the Reisinger altogether. It depends on your priorities. It certainly wouldn’t be suitable for NewSki but might be fine for others.

Vera and her team are lovely, the rooms and balcony are no frills but spacious. The evening meal is a let down (breakfast is fine), so avoid the Reisinger if the evening meal is important to you (like NewSki), but if it doesn’t bother you the Reisinger is perfectly fine.

Let’s face it, it’s a budget option in a resort where there are very few budget accommodation options. We’ve stayed there twice in school holidays and each time paid less than £450 per person for flights, transfers and accommodation. We couldn’t find self catering or B&B in S/H for that on the same weeks.

For our family we ski long days, but always make sure we have a good lunch and you don’t struggle for good quality (or substantial) food on the mountain in the Ski Circus. We’re not massively fussed about 2 good quality meals in a day, especially if we’ve been enjoying the apres! Although for what we’ve paid we don’t mind eating out in the evening either if we fancy it.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, Still part of Wolf empire I believe.

Food (breakfast and Dinner) and service I've always found to be very good. Tendeed to see a lot of the same customers returning each year, mainly from Netherland and Germany. Also had some really good Dinners at the Alpen Blick some time ago.

@maggi, Yep was built at great cost about 9 years ago, i think is when they started. My Daughter stayed there last year (was cheaper to book direct, fly, taxi transfer than to book through
UK TO. I did have a friend who worked at the Alpine Palce the first year it opened (not all rooms and suites were finished), She showed me around a couple of times, it was still clearly exceptional.
ski holidays
@Bob, See rg1's comments about the Dorfschmiede here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3084896&highlight=dorfschmiede#3084896

One summer I mentioned it, as a possible place to go and eat, to a couple of elderly relations, and they hated it.
snow report
Kind of hijacking this thread, but since the OP has chosen Hinterglemm, thought I'd add that I'll be travelling to Fieberbrunn next February (1st week before the school hols).

Thank you @tatmanstours for sending your info through few weeks back.

Chosen Fieberbrunn in the end due to cheaper accom option in a Pension and it has supposedly great freeriding, just hoping for some powder that week! Also direct train from Salzburg to the town looks like a good value option.

Does anybody know of decent apres in Fieberbrunn , I know its the quiet part of Ski circus, but are there any recommendations? On the mountain also? I know there are plenty on Saalbach side of resort but think there would only be enough time for one beer before the link to Fieberbrunn closed.
Laughing
snow report
@mike1993, The link to Fieberbrunn (i.e. the TirolS gondola going in that direction) closes at 3.00pm. Don't know of any apres over there, but I like the Wildalpgatterl and the Laerchfilzhochalm for lunch.
snow report
@tatmanstours, not my experience. other than the morning choreas at 6 am, which was is really only evident on the side str side, deliveries to hotel and glemmtellerhof.. Anyway I'm normallly awake or waking by then.

Disagree about the food.
latest report
@Bob, Perhaps it was just a temporary phase and they’ve pulled their socks up.
ski holidays
@NewSki, thanks. Looks nice but a bit over our budget. Enjoy
ski holidays
@Bob, Update: sampled a pork hock there last night, and friends had the spare ribs - both were very good.
snow report
@tatmanstours, glad you enjoyed it. The bottled water is a bit expensive though...
snow report
Have just booked the Adler Resort in Hinterglemm for the last week in January 😀😀😀😀
latest report
@tatmanstours, did you enjoy the Bauernmarkt?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, Greatly - as always it was an absolute riot! Well worth timing your summer visit around.
snow report
@mike1993, I had a New Year week in Fieberbrunn a couple of seasons ago. The bottom of the slopes is a little way out of town, walkable but most people get the ski bus. There's a cluster of bars around the gondolas and they're good for a few drinks after skiing. Not much in the town aside from the bars in the various hotels. The train station is at the other end of town from the skiing, you'll need a taxi to get yourself to your accommodation.
ski holidays
tatmanstours wrote:
@hammerite, Greatly - as always it was an absolute riot! Well worth timing your summer visit around.

We fluked it the other year and had a fantastic time. Definitely agree that it’s worth timing for if you can be flexible with dates.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy