Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Search for a Light weight touring boot with wide high volume fit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To complete my new light weight touring set up for next season I’m starting a search for a light pair of boot <1.35 kg . To narrow my search down would be great to have some feedback from people with wide feet and high in steps that have boots in this category,
My other issue with finding the right boots is I have small feet 24.5-25.5 max and therefore find that the stock of these sizes is limited.
The boots must also be able to fit into a shift binding as well as a standard tech binding.

My standard boot is a nordica Stryder 120 which is amazing in dh permance and more than adequate in the up for lift served and shorter day tours
I’m currently looking at
Scott super guide carbon
Fisher travers carbon
Zero g carbon

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't have them yet, but for the same purpose, Andy at Solutions for Feet had my lined up for a pair of the new Atomic Hawx XTD. I have held them myself and can confirm they're extremely lightweight, and definitely have Dynafit inserts etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dp wrote:
I don't have them yet, but for the same purpose, Andy at Solutions for Feet had my lined up for a pair of the new Atomic Hawx XTD. I have held them myself and can confirm they're extremely lightweight, and definitely have Dynafit inserts etc.

@1450grams just too heavy for my purpose and they are a narrow fit , but do look like a great boot enjoy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 3-05-18 12:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dabber, Dynafit Mercury TL, same wide, high instep feet as mine maybe - fit me like a glove i'm on my second pair. Discontinued now 2015/16's still about on line, but if you can find a pair online snap them up and get a custom insole from Graham at Rivington Alpine and you're sorted. I've a pair of 27.5 for sale (second hand vgc) but no good for you obviously too big.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agreed that a Mercury would be a good shout if you can find a pair in your size.

The new Dynafit Hoji Pro Tour is awesome but in their infinite wisdom (rolling eyes) it doesn't have a regular toe lug meaning that it's not compatible with many non-Dynafit bindings including the Shift. It also doesn't have their Masterstep heel insert so it can't be used with their Beast binding meaning Dynafit have just $hit on every one of their Beast customers Twisted Evil. Another marketing own goal from Dynafit!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dabber wrote:
dp wrote:

@1450grams just too heavy for my purpose and they are a narrow fit , but do look like a great boot enjoy

you class them as a narrow fit? wow you must have really wide feet
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
Dynafit have just $hit on every one of their Beast customers Twisted Evil.

Did they not do that anyway when they discontinued it?!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dp, 98mm last , and they are described as a narrow fit on the website , i usually look for 102mm last before starting to work on them !!!

@Markymark29, @spyderjon, will have a look around , the tlt7 also fitted the bill but no good with the toe and heel on that boot
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
Agreed that a Mercury would be a good shout if you can find a pair in your size.

The new Dynafit Hoji Pro Tour is awesome but in their infinite wisdom (rolling eyes) it doesn't have a regular toe lug meaning that it's not compatible with many non-Dynafit bindings including the Shift. It also doesn't have their Masterstep heel insert so it can't be used with their Beast binding meaning Dynafit have just $hit on every one of their Beast customers Twisted Evil. Another marketing own goal from Dynafit!

And you have to buy their boot crampons Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wide boots aren't really my thing, but the 2018/19 Technical Zero G Tour Pro might fit your requirements.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dabber, your striders are only 2mm wider than the XTD and with a heat mouldable shell will expand our that amount easily

The Scott is probably the best of the wider fits that are out there, either the superguide or the cosmos
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oceanic wrote:
Wide boots aren't really my thing, but the 2018/19 Technical Zero G Tour Pro might fit your requirements.

Cheers their on the list wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got some Scott Cosmos 3 from BackcountryUK. Only things my wide feet with high instep and orthotics could get into comfortably. Phil and Tom did a brilliant job as ever with the fitting. Relatively light too. Don't feel as robust as my old Scarpas but fit/comfort is the priority. HTH SK
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="Dabber"]
dp wrote:

And you're looking for a boot that's 1350 grams . . .

. . . So a bar of soap extra is too much weight to walk around with? Ignoring any fit issues, I'm curious about about your plans for distance/vertical achievements. Or do you have a physical limitation that needs this level of nuance? I do understand the desire for less weight, I have a pair of Apex boot combos where one boot would probably weigh more than you complete boots/bindings/skis kit . . . But without extenuating circumstances, quibbling over 100gms at the bottom end of what is practicable does sound a tiny bit OCD or a case shineynewitis wink (and yes, we all suffer from that rolling eyes )

Good luck with the search.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM wrote:
@Dabber, your striders are only 2mm wider than the XTD and with a heat mouldable shell will expand our that amount easily

The Scott is probably the best of the wider fits that are out there, either the superguide or the cosmos

I popped into your place yesterday to have a quick peep. The XTDs do look a tempting proposition. I'll drop you an email ref fit.

BTW, your guy in the shop was super helpful. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy