Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Conditions in Banff end Feb / early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We normally visit during the end of Jan / early Feb to avoid the Family day / Presidents’ Day crowds but this year it looks like it is going to be later.

Despite my assurances that her fears are probably unfounded my wife is concerned about the possibility of spring skiing which she really doesn’t like and which we have often seen in Europe during March.

Having never been later I just wondered if anyone who does visit later could help me reassure her, obviously with the caveat that the weather is never guaranteed.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Steve.S, was there first week in March this year and no sign of spring skiing to be seen , cold crisp clear days , some fresh snow and temps ranging from -6 to -20 , so no freeze thaw cycle , think late April / may would be more spring like in Canadian Rockies , this year was a very good snow year for them to be sure
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dabber, , thanks for the heads up, when we were there at the beginning of Feb snow conditions were fantastic as well although it was seriously cold for the whole fortnight.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had powder days in May in Lake Louise. I think early March is still pretty wintry. The bigger question is not liking spring skiing? Is she human?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Very Happy
We are getting on a bit now and she really doesn't like the morning ice or the afternoon moguls and to be fair I am not a great fan of icy conditions either although slushy moguls can be fun.
I have tried to tell her that conditions in Canada are far removed from those in Europe during March but she wants a second opinion from SnowHeads.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The secret of spring skiing is get a fatter ski, have a very leisurely breakfast and start, follow what the sun has softened and then pound it til close.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1^^^
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve.S, this is the usual time we go to Banff. We have been 12 times in late February and Early March, sometimes into mid-March and we have never had Spring conditions. We have had the tail end of seriously cold weather once or twice, but never Spring conditions.

Just as an aside, we went later this year and just returned yesterday. The Spring conditions weren't evident until about a week ago when the warm weather hit. Prior to that it was just as is always is in the winter - but this year has been a really good year for snow and the Spring was late, to be fair.

But re-assure your wife that we have never experienced Spring conditions between late Feb and Early March.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What she/he said - this year mid April there was winter conditions albeit a bit warmer when sunny, and of course long days...

If you want "spring" conditions then you may or course be lucky another year, or go to Whistler.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@philwig,
We have had spring skiing at Whistler in January, it was even raining at the top of the gondola Very Happy
@lynnecha,
Thank you that's going to be a great help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy