Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
@Langerzug, What about Zug 2 pax chair......upgrade at same time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Langerzug wrote:
Great News:
New Madlochbahn will be constructed summer 2019, up and running for season 2019/20
Going to be a 10 pax gondola ("EUB"), with similar entrance system as Trittkopf, starting in Zürs, with midstation at Seekopf, and further up to Madloch.
The current 4 pax chair to Seekopf will stay.

If Seekopfbahn stays, is Zürsersee to be removed? I cannot see the need, or space, for 3 lifts.

Some serious slope work will be needed on the Madloch-Zug side to cope with the traffic. There are some tight choke points on that run, which will be scenes for carnage if not re-engineered. As @Markymark29 has implied, the Zug lift will then also become a choke point.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Madloch is all going to the 3 year schedule

Just moves the bottleneck to Zug.

The New Gondola still not confirmed from Zug to replace chair requires tree felling , avi barriers & that is a big enviromental problem fight....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure this is good news at all. Maybe less peak queues in Zuers but that just means crowding on the Madloch runs and not good in Zug either. Personally would prefer to spend an extra couple of minutes in a queue for a more pleasant skiing experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If they don't sort Zug lift at same time it'll not only be carnage on the run down but huge queues at the bottom of Zug.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29,
no other details. I only know a lot is going on between Lech and Zug. Also a new piste from Kriegerhorn to Zug is planned (probably the Zuppert route). Major works on avalanche barriers are coming on Kriegerhorn-south/west, making that slope avalanche safe (and the little hamlets along the road, it is a very dangerous area), and providing Zug with the long awaited avalanche safe ski-connection.
And I have a hunch they are thinking (planning?) about connecting Madloch-Lech to the Schlegelkopf.

In the meantime: Madloch-Lech is a very pleasant alternative to Madloch-Zug. With lunch at Hus8 or Gasthof Post Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It appears that the first track of the new Madlochbahn will replace the Zürserseebahn, which will be removed.
They will have to either widen the skibridge then, or put the basestation at Hexenboden-side (although that probably is a too narrow location I would think)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wonder if anyone can clarify? Monday quiz! I was having a discussion/ debate yesterday with ski mate and can’t find the answer online - the 2 large earth-constructed avalanche barriers at the bottom of Hinterrendl....what year were they constructed?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I do not think any new pistes will be realised im Lech or Zurs if UVP have their say & rightly so imo !!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/xO4y_Z-X2XM
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Puff piece.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/A67X3fGGNaw
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First real snows on the way next week, colder temperatures at elevation which is good for this time of the year..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a suggestion of a storm on Wednesday but lets see before getting too excited. It does seem though that this weekend might be the last of the really nice autumn weather for trips on foot into the mountains, signs of wetter cooler weather on the way.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@munich_irish, Yay..... Cool
ski holidays
Netting going up on the Eisfall in prep for the FIS women’s races in January https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=943724302487620&set=a.567882943405093&type=3
snow conditions
For all you UG lovers..(the place was never the same since it moved from Gries)

Make the most

This is the last season
snow report
stanton wrote:
For all you UG lovers..(the place was never the same since it moved from Gries)

Make the most

This is the last season

Has Joan sold out or is she no more?
snow conditions
Was best when at Gries, not been for last 3-4 seasons, seemed to have lost something....
ski holidays
New Schindlergratbahn

https://www.gamprin.li/fileadmin/user_upload/Dokumente/Protokolle/2018/Protokollauszug_02.05.2018.pdf

Some background to why the tiny municipality of Gamprin in Liechtenstein bought Alpe Rauz for 60 000 Kronen (for their Cattle)

https://www.vaterland.li/liechtenstein/vermischtes/60-000-kronen-fuer-eine-alp;art171,330777

"The local council gives its assurance for the construction of the new Schindlergratbahn"
snow report
It is interesting to see how the alps have changed over the past hundred years. When this parcel of land was bought by a community next to the Rhine river, long distance Transhumance was very common in farms near the alps and access to summer pastures was a valuable asset. These days much less so, though the "locals" lift pass discount for residents of Gamprin must be useful. It is a bit odd to see planning applications for a new lift mixed in with an application for a new bathroom in the local Presbytery
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/AvY3klmmP6E
ski holidays
Some news here about the Brit who perished last season.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-45921414
ski holidays
Rendl Kappl

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/kapplst-anton-entscheidung-ueber-skigebietszusammenschluss_a2953839
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/OISK10N5bNk
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Wonder if anyone can clarify? Monday quiz! I was having a discussion/ debate yesterday with ski mate and can’t find the answer online - the 2 large earth-constructed avalanche barriers at the bottom of Hinterrendl....what year were they constructed?

I was told they were put in after the avalanche that consumed the Nasserein area in 1988 I think.
ski holidays
Ozzyski wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

I was told they were put in after the avalanche that consumed the Nasserein area in 1988 I think.

Yes. After Wolfsgruben 1988 Avalanche the inhabitted parts of the whole Stanzertal was Avi modeled ( a lot better nowadays with digital )...for where Avi releases could reach..

Of course since 1988 the whole Valley has become one conurbation.

AFAIK with current modelling the only part of town reachable now which is vulnerable is if the Rendl North Face releases (not so big now because of barriers) will be Cafe Sailor..

all other vulnerable areas no inhabited buildings are allowed.
latest report
Folks its Snowing all the way down To Lech
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure how long the snow will hang around for, the forecast suggests a return to the mild, dry, sunny weather by the middle of the week with no great change in sight. Perhaps fingers crossed the forecast is wrong. Other parts of the alps are likely to see much more snow over the next few days, Zermatt seems a good spot for some early season skiing.
ski holidays
Ground cooler! 😝
ski holidays
@munich_irish, You appear to suggest that a complete snow cover at this time of year would be a normal thing, which it is not.
Southern Alps are getting rain mostly by the way up to high altitude. A lot of it.
Again, all completely normal for this time of year. Don't turn it around please, you're putting yourself in the fake news corner
ski holidays
@Langerzug, For 30 odd years, the last 20 in southern Bavaria, I have been an interested, sometime anxious, watcher of the mountain weather come the autumn. Some years the snow turns up in the middle of October, some years no great amount of snow until after Christmas. I agree with you that complete snow cover this time of the year would be unusual but there is most times some amount of lying snow at the higher levels. The weather forecast for the next couple of weeks in the Austrian alps is back to the sunny, mild, dry conditions with high likelihood of a southerly Föhn at times, not ideal for snow canons or even keeping any snow that has fallen over the past 24 hours. Ischgl is due to open in 3 weeks and until today was completely devoid of snow. I know things can change and it only takes a few days worth of snow and cooler temperatures to change things but currently no sign of that. I can remember a number of years visiting various Adventmarkt for the usual mugs of Glühwein with everyone noting how mild and dry it had been, this year has the feel of one of those years very different to last year, though obviously I hope I am wrong. When a week long blizzard turns up on the 15th of November you can point out that I got it wrong.
ski holidays
A St Anton start to the season like 2011/12 would be great.

Pics from Dec 2011

ski holidays
Last season full cover on opening day..

Agree its going to be mild next coup of weeks
snow report
Neu schnee

https://www.facebook.com/341112772963/posts/10156736721492964/
ski holidays
Snow on the ground as I passed though this morning. Still early but speaking to people it was cooler than it has been. They're getting on with the new route of the main road and the parking, should be done soon by the look of it,
snow conditions
Yup, some snow up high...
snow report
It is very Mild in Austria,

Arlberg no exception..for the next 10day mimimum..

Maybe we get a change in the last two weeks of November but the Cows are not settling so I doubt it
snow conditions
https://www.pub37.at/
snow conditions
Pub has a website ! ... I hope they don't replace Schindler with a gondola ... hangovers don't get cured in gondolas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy