Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila this week....quieter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to pila this week, purposely put trip back a week to avoid half term and carnivale! Anybody out there? Is it now the quiet pila we've come to love?!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thinking of heading to Italy next week and undecided on where to go. Thinking of Pila , la Thuile , Courmayeur or Cervinia . Any recommendations for Pila?

is the best place to stay up the mountain or in the main town in the valley? Not fussed on big apres scene but would still like a couple of bars / restaurants.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pila . . We stay up in mountain but that's because we have both times and never tried Aosta. Did a day trip to Aosta and that's a nice town too bit more happening in the evening I guess. The cable car takes 20 mins to come up? We really like Pila, have been both times out of school holidays. But next year we are doing our first half term experience, and just don't know what to expect from Pila then? Enjoy though wherever you go!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cbowls30, I just came back from working in Pila yesterday. It was busyish last week as Carnevale coincided with the main UK half term week, however that said there were quiet areas and it was still easy to get pistes to yourself. This coming week is still a UK half term for some but much less busy than last week.

@10196986, I'd stay in the centre of Aosta. It's a beautiful old Italian town with a lovely vibe. It's only 20 minutes up on the gondola and very convenient. If you stayed up the mountain then there are a few bars I guess but I would imagine evenings would be hotel based.

Pila is relatively quiet even in peak weeks. It's because of the fact that it is a big school trips resort and so there is a very large number of beginner and early intermediate skiers. So those areas can be busy but that leaves the rest of the resort really quite quiet!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the helpful info !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are in Pila - and its quieter this year than the same week last year. Much fewer Interski groups. We've barely had to queue for a lift the past 2 days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@annaa, yes the busiest week for Interski was last week
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy