Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Olympics 2018 - Pyeongchang

Poster: A snowHead
eng_ch wrote:
[
A friend of a friend spent a year in the US while at school and was dragged to the principal's office every day of the school year because he refused to pledge allegiance to the US flag. He pointed out that as a UK citizen he couldn't pledge allegiance to a foreign flag, but that apparently cut no ice

I guess they don't like smart alecs stateside either.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think it just means the skis were from the sets Atomic had taken out for MS whi obviously didn't need them. Does raise the question about stars having the very best pairs reserved for them. Ledecka hung it all out there if you look at her line.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yay, we have a gold. Well done Lizzy Yarnold. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 17-02-18 14:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bronze for Deas too. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geepee wrote:
Yay, we have a gold. Well done Lizzie Yarnold. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

geepee wrote:
Bronze for Deas too. Very Happy Very Happy

A great result for both of them!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Izzop, Lizzy won by nearly half a second. Shocked Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Amazing. So easy to get caught up in the emotion of it all too Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant stuff!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were just wondering, as we watched this and the various recaps of GB skeleton success - why does Shelley Rudman never get mentioned? She won a medal in Turin, I think, but she is never mentioned on the BBC.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ledecka made some mistakes on the way down. It would be interesting to see her and Anna Veith coming down together side by side on screen to see who crosses the line first. Some of the time changes as athletes came down were very suspicious.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
xscreamer wrote:
Some of the time changes as athletes came down were very suspicious.

If there were any doubt about the accuracy of the official time results for a particular racer in principle it would be quite easy to check against the video recording of the race. Assuming the original video is interlaced rather than progressive scan then each field of the picture will be 1/60 of a second in duration, so that should be the margin of error using the video to give the racer's time. Unfortunately I believe the winning margin was less than this at a hundredth of a second! Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Amazing. How wonderful.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It’s been an incredible day, made even better by the fact I could actually watch most of it! Amazing performances in the skeleton, and a snowboarder winning at skiing!

6 medal events tomorrow including James Woods in action..

01:15-03:10 & 04:45-06:45: Alpine skiing - men's giant slalom
04:15-05:50: Freestyle skiing - men's ski slopestyle finals
06:15-08:10: Cross country skiing - men's 4x10km relay
11:00-12:20: Freestyle skiing - men's aerials finals
11:00-12:55: Speed skating - women's 500m final
11:15-12:15: Biathlon - men's 15km mass start
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Link to yesterday's podcast on 'Super Saturday' for Team GB:
https://soundcloud.com/knowledge-is-powder-ski-podcast/day-7-winter-olympic-update
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just caught up with the Men's GS, Hirscher making it look like men against boys. Amazing that Kristoffersen and Pinturault can ski aggressive and quick runs and still be a country mile behind him.
ski holidays
FFS BBC is effing useless, missed so much as their listings are terrible. I've missed the halfpipe and men's boarder cross. I'm just the watching the ladies super G on my recordings so looking forward to seeing the snowboarder slay the skiers!
snow conditions
Why are all the slopestyle competitors wearing their goggle straps under their helmets? Is that a thing now?

Also the commentator on the skiing is annoying me, he keeps saying "He sent it soooooooo deep!". Oh shut up, you're not 15 brah.
ski holidays
I was getting fed up with Ed Leigh in the freestyle commentary with his oohs and ahhhs. Plus I could have done with a glossary to explain the terms.
snow report
11 of the 20 page Winter Olympics pullout in the Krone Zeitung was dedicated to Hirscher’s gold in the combined. 15 pages for tomorrow I reckon and probably the whole newspaper if he ends up with 4 golds.
snow conditions
James Woods is an amazing skier but DUDE..... wash your hair!!

Gutted for him that he just missed out.
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
I was getting fed up with Ed Leigh in the freestyle commentary with his oohs and ahhhs. Plus I could have done with a glossary to explain the terms.

HoneyBunny wrote:
Also the commentator on the skiing is annoying me, he keeps saying "He sent it soooooooo deep!". Oh shut up, you're not 15 brah.

Ed Leigh I don't mind, it's Tim Warwood who I find annoying and is more likely to say something such as "He sent it soooooooo deep!"
ski holidays
Was Eurosport for me. IMHO Judges made an error giving 95 so early in the finals. Shame Woodsy didn't land that last jump in run 1.
ski holidays
I don't think it was Ed Leigh, I don't mind him. Almost certainly the other bloke who was trying to be all street.
latest report
Holy crap what is this massive kicker event? The height they're getting is INSANE!
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:
I don't think it was Ed Leigh, I don't mind him. Almost certainly the other bloke who was trying to be all street.

It's definitely Tim Warwood.

Currently watching the Mens Aerials and now you've pointed it out I'm noticing it more! rolling eyes

Yes, he's trying to sound too street IMO.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Holy crap what is this massive kicker event? The height they're getting is INSANE!

Agree, totally Insane! All credit to them.
latest report
Chemmy!!!! What a pig
ski holidays
Izzop wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:

It's definitely Tim Warwood.

Currently watching the Mens Aerials and now you've pointed it out I'm noticing it more! rolling eyes

Yes, he's trying to sound too street IMO.

'Street' has nothing to do with it, Ed & Tim are old school snowboarders, both part of the UK scene in its formative years.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Amazing win by Hirscher in the GS. He put on a master class for the rest of the field.

Many happy Austrians in this town (St Anton).
snow report
Warwoid and Leigh are a brilliant combo. They are basically still making it up on the spot but with a massive amount of tongue in cheek. BBC has a nice little montage of their top snippets from today.
snow report
Loved the aerials.
The comment about the Bulgarian looking like an iggle piggle doll that had spent an hour with a jack Russell had me in bits
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, yep, I really enjoy their commentary and it’s not about ‘trying’ to be cool or speak like kids.
ski holidays
HandyHand wrote:
'Street' has nothing to do with it, Ed & Tim are old school snowboarders, both part of the UK scene in its formative years.

I'm fully aware of who they are.

I'm just not a fan of Tims commentary style.
snow conditions
Me neither, it sounds daft and actually detracts from what I’m watching.
snow conditions
I've listened to it since, reminds me of Eddie Wearing on Rugby, to the true fan did more harm than good. Just say what you see. Just watched some US coverage, much better.
ski holidays
endoman wrote:
Was Eurosport for me. IMHO Judges made an error giving 95 so early in the finals. Shame Woodsy didn't land that last jump in run 1.

If it's worth 95 though it's worth 95, it doesn't matter when it happens? If the judges didn't give it then wouldn't that be the error?
latest report
Was it truly the best run? ( I'm not qualified to know) Just looked to my eye that the 2 N Americans were as good.
ski holidays
@endoman, I guess it's always the possibility with judged events, there will always be a question as to what is worth what. Timed events are better as nothing is left to human analysis.
latest report
and don't get me started on the curling farce....
snow report
Only 3 medal events tomorrow but lots of Brits featuring in other events such as Aimee Fuller in the big air qualification, and Molly Summerhayes and Rowan Cheshire in the halfpipe qualification.

11:53: Speed skating - men's 500m final
11:15-14:00: Bobsleigh - men's two-man final heats
12:30-14:15: Ski jumping - men's team final
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy