Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Major ski delivery failure Turin to Glasgow today

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@andyrew, Thomas Cook's take on that slogan:

http://youtube.com/v/5Oo4pgxD-EE
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you don't use an airline because you have had delayed skis you would probably have to travel by ferry. BA is the only airline that 'misplaced mine' twice!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyrew wrote:
We did hear from the handlers Menzies that some were coming through Gatwick but we've not heard of anyone getting skis.

Airlines will reroute lost bags in a multitude of ways. A few years ago I was flying San Juan-Miami-LAX-Hong Kong. Due to weather delays at MIA my bag didn't make the connection to LAX but I did. When I arrived at HKG I had a short day trip to Japan. On arrival back at HKG my bag was there. I had flown on American as far as LAX and then with Cathay to HKG. AA had routed my bag on their flight from LAX to Tokyo and Cathay had then flown it to HKG.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
If you don't use an airline because you have had delayed skis you would probably have to travel by ferry. BA is the only airline that 'misplaced mine' twice!

Oh I use an airline alright - Easyjet - 3 times per year for ski trips, Flawless.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyrew wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Oh I use an airline alright - Easyjet - 3 times per year for ski trips, Flawless.

You should stick with Easyjet then. Eventually the law of average will catch up with you.

But until then, you'll have the comfort of flying with the best airline in handling bags. Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have they turned up yet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I didn't realise that Crystal are part of the t-crossing, i-dotting group.

It sounds like they are doing that and putting SH in front on this occasion. It's ridiculous!

I hope you get something sorted soon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My own experience of Turin airport from last week (arrived Sunday 11th, departed Sunday 18th) was not without delays. It took ages for my skis to turn up in oversize baggage delivery on arrival and the return check-in back to Heathrow with BA also took an age... "too many bags on the conveyor" apparently Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Something has changed at Terminal 5 since last year. I’ve flown through it twice a year with skis since it opened (2007?), but this year on my return, there was a baggage handler taking all the ski bags off the carousel as soon as they appeared, rather than letting them go round as they had perfectly well previous years. I asked him why, and he said it was because they caused jams. My theory is they have a new scanner checking bags or something, which was poorly designed, because if it was an original design issue it would have been casusing problems in 2007.

Although Arlines may be responsible for your bags, I suspect that everything that happens once the bag is checked in is run by multiple contracted companies, at both ends. I’m sure that no BA or TUI employee for example, goes anywhere near a bag in transit.

Tokyo airport is the only place where the priority tags seem to have an effect. All the first class were delivered first, then all the Club, then economy. The majority of airports I’ve been through just deliver in whatever order the luggage containers arrive.

Anyway, back to the original issue. How long did it take the Turin bags to arrive?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We still don't know if they turned up though. Probably, as everything has gone quiet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy