Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - Too much frickin’ snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No, not really, maybe but Lognan (Grands Montets) recording 7m already and 2m fresh forecast by Monday...

3 months snow in a month and a month’s snow in a weekend...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was chatting to a couple of Les Arcs staff this morning, one a pisteur the other resort logistics, I think. The upshot was “enough already”. Many staff are working extensive overtime, especially in snow clearance. Infrastructure is taking a beating (eg Catex lines repeatedly getting derailed), and nobody is happy with the frequency of weather closures (even though Les Arcs does better than some of the higher resorts because of the tree-lined terrain). While it’s nice to have a great season I think a period of calm would be appreciated by those who are working to keep the resort running.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar, yes.

New year’s eve a senior Cham pisteur chum said we had enough for the season...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit of a luxury problem, apart from the winds, no? Smile How much is expected these coming days? Reading different inputs from various weather sites, from a half up to two meters?!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some instructors not so happy. Lessons keep getting cancelled. Income down.

Been snowing steadily here in 1800 since about 11.30am. No wind. Road clearers fighting a losing battle.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Someone has been clearing our car park every morning at 6am with a tractor/snow plough. I wish he'd bloody go away and have a day off. Not only does he wake us up, he leaves a very icy car park behind, and I've had to put chains on my boots every morning to walk to the lifts. We've already got a couple of metres in our garden, and it's been hooning down since about 2pm with another 25cm already. There's been quite a few lift closures over the last couple of weeks too. No doubt there'll be more in the morning. We're going home on Thursday, I'd like a nice few days of sun.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I guess the guys working on the snow cannons are having an easy time.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob wrote:

They've probably been seconded to clearing the natural stuff
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Road clearers fighting a losing battle

I always laugh at those blithe assurances that "the roads are kept clear". Snow can build up so quickly between passes of the ploughs - and until they've cleared, and can keep clear, at least two decent lanes' width, it's a struggle. And with big piles of ploughed snow on both sides of a narrow cleared passage there's nowhere to go for the folks without chains. And as for pedestrians..... I'm now back in the UK but watching the weather with interest. Two lots of friends, one English, one French, driving down at the weekend - one lot will be using my garage space, another my bedrooms. Last gasp before the place is sold on 7 Feb.

I have to admit that after my battles with the snow at Christmas and New Year I'm happy to be able to just cope with rain!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schnorrr wrote:
jbob wrote:

They've probably been seconded to clearing the natural stuff

Everyone seems to be lending a hand...

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
.....Wot!!!!!!....ESF helpful.....now there's a thread!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@lambert, as seen in the Tignes thread. It really is 'all hands to the pump' at the moment.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and to think that some idiot started a thread called something like 'more snow, be careful what you wish for '. No wonder he got flamed and shot down Toofy Grin Very Happy

By the way this just in from Val Thorens.

Les dernières prévisions météorologiques nous annoncent une nuit complexe entre Dimanche 21/01 et Lundi 22/01.
🚔 La route Val Thorens <-> Les Menuires sera fermée à partir de 20h ce soir et jusqu’à nouvel ordre.
Cet événement météorologique se matérialisera par de fortes précipitations à partir de 18h pouvant donner 60 à 100 cm de neige cette nuit et du vent pouvant atteindre 100km/h en station.
Les mesures prises sont donc les suivantes :
- Déclenchements préventifs d’avalanches, tant sur le domaine skiable que sur la route. 🚨 Le risque d’avalanche passera à 5/5 demain.
- Nous recommandons d’éviter les déplacements piétons dans la station dès 18h ce dimanche 21 janvier et pour toute la durée de l’alerte.
- Pour faciliter le travail de déneigement, nous vous demandons de rejoindre au plus vite les parkings 🅿️
Lors de ces mesures exceptionnelles, la limitation des déplacements (piétons et voitures) implique de :
- S’éloigner des toits par rapport aux chutes de neige
- Ne pas se déplacer seul
- Eviter les abords des talus y compris dans la station
- Ne pas marcher derrière les bâtiments.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
@lambert, as seen in the Tignes thread. It really is 'all hands to the pump' at the moment.

The morlocks need to be able to get out to feed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy