Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Choice: Rossignol Experience 88 v Head Strong v Head Supreme Instinct v Salomon XDR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advice welcome from you ski technical experts please on most appropriate of 4 options above.

Only for rent, so not for life! BoyChild, 80kg, 1.8m. Decent piste skier, push quite hard and fast, most blacks (eg EK) no problem. Like to think technically better than I really am. Occasional off piste exploration but nothing much backcountry, recovering from knee injury. Conditions likely excellent on piste, well groomed, with fresh/loose snow from predicted snowfall. Likely temp range -10c to +2c approx. Tend to like heavier, more stable skis rather than lighter and what I find less predictable (eg Atomic Redsters tried recently...didn't like much). Hoping that makes sense. Got on very well with Blizzard Brahmas, but not on offer this time. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All decent options, no way of knowing which you would actually prefer. If you prefer heavier/damp skis, just look up reviews and specs of your shortlist and pick one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@uktrailmonster, thanks and will do. Just wondered if any keen snowHeads own them or tried them out in test trials, rented, etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Research suggests Rossi Experience 88 best to start with for me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PeakyB wrote:
Research suggests Rossi Experience 88 best to start with for me.

Haven't tried them myself, but never heard a bad word about that ski. Appears to be very good at most things on or near piste. I doubt you could go far wrong with that choice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got the Exp 88 from W14/15 and like them. Turns easily on piste and I've never managed to overski them at a similar level to yourself. Handle the soft stuff off to the side of the piste just fine, nice big shovel on the front. Pretty heavy so maybe not the easiest to whip around trees/moguls but they're ok and I like them heavy anyway. Reckon they'd be ideal for you but never ski'd the other options to be fair.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy