Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ok so now I’ve decided I need a Piste ski.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To carry on from my previous post asking for recommendations for a All Mountain I think I’d prefer a piste ski.

Same requirements as before

6’5, 17st
Prefer long turns and skiing at medium to fast pace
Level. Advanced intermediate

My instructor has a pair of Salomon X race which is love the graphics on. But not sure if they are too much for me.

Three or four to test would be brilliant.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DanFuller wrote:
To carry on from my previous post asking for recommendations for a All Mountain I think I’d prefer a piste ski.

6’5, 17st

My instructor has a pair of Salomon X race which is love the graphics on. But not sure if they are too much for me.

Thanks

I have Xrace and love them. It depends if you are making big long fast carves or tight slalom turns. Atomic G9 vs Atomic S9.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
head magnum is a nice ski.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dan100 wrote:

That is the other one I was going to post. Green ones for piste. Blue ones for a wee bit off the side.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Need to demo for sure. Head iShapes of various widths are always a solid choice. The iTitan is nice with a bit more width for more versatility. Or you could look at slightly more mellow, but still very high performing piste skis like the new Nordica Navigator range, K2 iKonic etc. As a decent intermediate you certainly won't find any limitations there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rossignol Pursuit 800 is my favourite piste ski and I've tested a lot over the last 2 years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nordica Doberman Spitfire Ti Evo,
Dynastar Speedzone 12
Rossignol pursuit 700

When I tried the Magnums I really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. The Nordica's had just as high performance and were easier to use at slow speeds when teaching or skiing with the family. The Heads felt really heavy in comparison.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a tip for the Nordica, they are unchanged from last year except for the graphics, so I'm sure you could pick up the 2017 ski at a very good price.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
DanFuller wrote:

6’5, 17st

Thanks

I have Xrace and love them. It depends if you are making big long fast carves or tight slalom turns. Atomic G9 vs Atomic S9.

Today I skied fast paced with sweeping turns but I wouldn’t want to be hamstrung.

What’s the difference between the G and S?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
dan100 wrote:

That is the other one I was going to post. Green ones for piste. Blue ones for a wee bit off the side.

I didn’t like the Heads. Had them on rental a few times.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DanFuller wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
dan100 wrote:

Did you have the magnums or the titans? these are awesome skis, i have the titans and i'm similar height/weight to you.

Having said all that, its down to personal preference, way to do it is to just test some out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Volk Code L or Code S
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Russeh wrote:
DanFuller wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
dan100 wrote:

Did you have the magnums or the titans? these are awesome skis, i have the titans and i'm similar height/weight to you.

Having said all that, its down to personal preference, way to do it is to just test some out.

I had the Magnums.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy