Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

really slim fit down jacket. suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
i've got a norrona lyngen 750 jacket xl which has been great, but having lost some weight it looks massive on me. so i'm looking for a smaller, neater fit alternative. fill power 750/850 with a hood. 6 foot 4, 11st 2. any suggestions?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-01-18 16:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you decide to get rid of the existing one can I have an option on it please (depending on fit).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 18-01-18 16:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i'll definitely be selling it so sure, it's in immaculate condition. email me as a reminder? myusername at gmail dot com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
..or drop me an e-mail on johncmckenzie@mac.com when you're ready & I'll let you stroke the Preachers you nearly bought!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
of course! thanks for the reminder. (i ended up getting a new pair courtesy of the dots dozen promotion, you've got to love the guys at whitedot).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I liked them so much I bought another new (shop-soiled) pair as a spare pair & am using the ones you looked at as my Scottish ones. The Whitedot guys were certainly paying attention when they did the customer service element of the business management course.

I fear that I've dragged your thread rather off-topic. Good luck with trying to find something; I certainly can't & have to buy jackets in xxl & then give them to a tailor to butcher.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 18-01-18 16:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haglofs stuff is generally slim-fitting. And nice!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Re suggestions
Try my diet it will soon sort out that 11st2 problem
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@maxhowarth, If you liked the Norrona, why not get a smaller version? I’m only 6’ and slim, but find the medium size is perfect, with long enough arms. Arc’teryx also have various fit styles on their jackets.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks @pam w, i'll look at that. @clavboy, i dread to think...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PowderAdict, i know what you're saying but i think the lyngen shape's just wrong for me. the new trollveggen 850 jacket is cut slimmer, i'm just wincing at the *ahem* £399 price tag.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Take a look on sportpursuit.com-currently selling very nice Mountain Hardware down jackets at good prices. (I’ve just ordered one).

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 18-01-18 16:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
These are 50% off https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1095316

I got this one in green and it’s great - really warm and packs really small. Also have an old Lyngen but only now use it for really Baltic days
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1007536
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haglofs Essens is a fairly slim fit but lighter weight than the Lyngen I think. MH Ghost Whisperer is also quite a slim fit but again lightweight. I currently have a Rab Zero G which is a bit warmer than the above two but the same weight as it is 1000FP. Probably similar in warmth to the Lyngen?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@maxhowarth, I'm 6' 2" and last week on my ski trip weighed over 17 stone I find the Norrona XL to be a bit "athletic" for me.

With regards to Haglofs the XL fits me fine, so not sure if that would be good for you (maybe the size large might)

But would second the ghost whisperer. mountain hardwear large does fit me and its snug, but you might get away with the medium, really depends on how long your arms are. My shirts are 36 (from the back of the neck to the cuff).

Arc’teryx Cerium is meant to be an athletic fit so give that a try. In fact some of the berghaus kit is definitely on the slimmer side of shady (for me anyway).

Actually best way would probably to shoot into Cotswold Outdoors while they've still got a selection of them to try on.
latest report
When I got my down jacket I ordered the Arc’teryx Cerium LT, Arc’teryx Thorium AR and Norrøna Lyngen Lightweight Down all in size Large (I’m 184cm, 88kg).

The Cerium LT was the slimmest, fit was perfect but had no room for a mid layer underneath. If I remember correctly, it was the lightest.

The Thorium AR had a bit more room and I could wear a fleece or my Atom LT underneath. Goes under my shell jackets and over if I don’t have too many layers on.

The Lyngen was the roomiest, I may have been better with a size medium. Plenty of room for mid layers and goes over my shell jackets but not underneath them.

I ended up keeping the Thorium AR as it was the most versatile all rounder for me.
snow report
thanks everyone. i've ordered a cerium lt hoody. fingers crossed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy