Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - gobsmacked

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@smithski excellent, another result for Yorkshire 'carefulness' and persistence. Well done.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@smithski, glad to hear that you got your deserved compensation in the end. As others said on the thread, tour operators initially often try to fob you off with nothing, but if you know that you are legally entitled to compensation in the circumstances then it pays to be persistent. Well done! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@smithski, yes, well done for your determination in pursuing a claim.

Your thread has highlighted that big TOs are not always as reputable as many customers think they are.

Also to think carefully before pre-paying for things like lift passes and rental equipment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@smithski, glad to hear that you got your deserved compensation in the end. As others said on the thread, tour operators initially often try to fob you off with nothing, but if you know that you are legally entitled to compensation in the circumstances then it pays to be persistent. Well done! Very Happy

And bank on the fact that the majority of Joe Public will generally give up when it becomes "too difficult" to see it through.

Well done indeed, a good example for us all!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mjr wrote:
I will never use Crystal ever again. The chalet staff returned drunk every night. The food was just thrown together. Breakfast and dinner was served by alternating stoned and hung over staff. The rep was useless and we were made to feel a nuisance. We were getting in the way of their season. Never again.

Chalet Glacier, Lavachet, Tignes.

I can understand seasonnaires wanting a good time and expect them to have one in their allotted down time, but that's outrageous if if affected your whole holiday experience like that. I would have thought (hoped??) a big TO like Crystal would have been all over that like a ton of bricks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dunc999 wrote:
mjr wrote:
I will never use Crystal ever again. The chalet staff returned drunk every night. The food was just thrown together. Breakfast and dinner was served by alternating stoned and hung over staff. The rep was useless and we were made to feel a nuisance. We were getting in the way of their season. Never again.

Chalet Glacier, Lavachet, Tignes.

I can understand seasonnaires wanting a good time and expect them to have one in their allotted down time, but that's outrageous if if affected your whole holiday experience like that. I would have thought (hoped??) a big TO like Crystal would have been all over that like a ton of bricks.

I had a similar problem with a Crsytal Chalet maid many years ago in Plagne 1800, poor/not enough food at meal times, hygiene was poor, cleaned a 15 bed chalet in 30 mins, we complained so much she walked out and the resort rep had to stand in. Logged a complaint with Crystal, and received vouchers. I declined them and told them that the vouchers presumed every one would want to book with Crystal again, and not the case. Got a £50.00pp person money refund. To strengthen my case I also had plenty of photos.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have travelled with Crystal a few times and the only problem I've had is with flight delays (TUI). During the winter season weather can obviously affect flight timings, if it is an early in the day flight that is affected then there is a serious knock on effect to TUI flights the rest of the day. This is particularly common with TUI, flying from a number of U.K. airports, as they plan to do three rotations a day over the winter weekends, a rotation is a complete outward and return flight. This is a profit factor which places the TUI/Crystal client at the bottom of consideration. I generally book my ski trips independently and directly using scheduled airlines, not budget, and so avoid being inconvenienced in such a manner. Scheduled airlines do get delays but their schedules are less intense. TUI's schedules are very tight, too tight, and leave no capacity for any delay, far too ambitious. In the end it's the client who suffers.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Similar experience with Crystal was what finally pushed us to self-organised trips. The TOs are fine in terms of getting you a good price for flights and accommodation, and organising coach transfer, but Voyages Jules Verne they're not. At the time, it seemed to me that Crystal were at the bottom of the pile when it came to handling even just routine problems on the ground. I realised that I was expecting too much from the TOs for the money I was paying. And if thing were to go wrong - which they do - then I'd rather be handling it myself.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy