Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replace Salomon Rocker 2 90’s with....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my rocker 2 90’s are due for replacement and I am somewhat bewildered with all the options out there. I’m looking for something do it all, let’s say 60:40 on:off piste (I have a pair of Rossi Soul 7’s for the pow days). As I’m skiing with the kids, I’m not looking for something too fast or stiff, instead playful is the order of the day.

I had a go on some ‘17 K2 Pinnacle 95’s last year and loved them, but conditions were exactly what you would want for these skis. If they are half way decent on piste I’d happily buy a pair of them, but I have no idea how the new ‘18 ones which are apparently a little stiffer would fair against my current Salomons. Anyway, appreciate the Snowheads collective knowledge. Thnx.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about the QST range? Almost makes sense to go for the natural successor to the Rokr’s.. Haven’t tried them myself yet but eyeing up the 99’s
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scott The Ski
Scott Slight
Atomic Vantage 90 CTi
Rossignol Experience 84HD
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I jumped onto QST92's last season and as an all rounder v impressed. Quite light but can plough through mush, float well in powder but still work as a good piste ski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ac505 wrote:
As I’m skiing with the kids, I’m not looking for something too fast or stiff, instead playful is the order of the day.

How about the Volkl 90Eight? Super light and playful, confidence inspiring in most conditions except for heavy crud when the low weight turns against them.
So many decent options to consider. The Pinnacle 95 looks like a great choice too. Then there's the QST, Atomic Vantage, Dynastar Leg X 96, etc, etc. All very nice skis, but I find the Volkl 90Eights perfect for everyday use all over the mountain while not trying to break any speed records. Not that they can't carve impressive rails on piste if asked. They actually convinced me to finally sell my dedicated piste carvers this season after a quick back-to-back test on firm piste. They are very quick edge to edge for a 98 mm waist and easy to bend into any turn radius at will. Combined with decent float and off-piste agility they are a really fun ski to be on and don't tire you out in the process.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How would the Head Kore 93’s fair against the above lineup?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ac505 wrote:

My best guess - very well, if you want a light, playful ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ac505 wrote:

Probably a good option for a slightly more piste biased ski alongside your Soul 7s. But unless you can demo any of these options, they are all more or less as good as each other and nobody can possibly guess which you would actually prefer. What I would say is that I doubt you would be disappointed with any of these choices you are considering. Maybe just get the cheapest on your shortlist or demo if possible in resort.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy