Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost effective holiday / Ski for all

Poster: A snowHead
If your looking for a cost effective ski holiday this year, take a look at the Sunweb site, i've found the below holiday to valfrejus, which at the moment appears to be the most cost effective ski holiday i've ever had, which means i'll probably be able to go twice this year, yes the resort is smaller however its still 2737m at its height and you get the ESKI-MO ! 1 ski pass, with 300 km of ski runs in 5 ski resorts (Valfréjus + Aussois + La Norma + Val Cenis Vanoise + Bonneval sur Arc). The ski areas are connected by free shuttles with an Eski-Mo ski pass.

Based on two people.

Holiday costs (Sunweb) £ 258 inc lift pass ------------------------- £ 129.00 pp

Flight costs ( Easy jet ) Gatwick-Turin --£275..03 ------------------ £ 137.51 pp
Inc 1x23kg hold bag and 1x Snow board bag (with 2 boards).

Hotel uk side ( Premier inn with Parking 8 days )--£135.00 ------- £ 67.50 pp
inc fuel to and return to airport £30

Car hire italy side (You can get transfers)--£112.50---------------- £ 61.25 pp
inc fuel to and from resort £50 (Over cooked it)

Food in Resort--£200 -------------------------------------------------£ 100.00 pp
(over cooked it)

Total costs £ 980.53 or £ 440.25 pp

Once we are back i'll do a full report of the ski area, to see how it compares to other ski resorts we have been to.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowtrex also do free lift passes.
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who have used either sunweb or snowtrex. Panic person in our group does not trust anyone without a high st shop!
So makes things difficult Shock/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a bit of research and other than the usual world moaners ( Complain about anything), they have good reviews.

They are also part of this pro cycling team, so i would assume they are based on the continent (More so than the uk).

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/teams-and-riders/team-sunweb/101

No reps in resort, no shops etc, which is why the cost is low, but they have sent all the paperwork i normally get from any other T/O, so it all seems good at the moment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Esdel, not sure I see the same details:

1. supplement for Eskimo pass
2. tourist tax per person/day
3. supplement for wellness
4. higher price than you quote and for more people
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a few recommendations given on here for Sunweb, doesn't appear to have detractors generally so can't see a problem in going with them.

We went to Valfrejus last March ( staying in Val Cenis so visiting to ski the day) poor visibility the day we went but stacked with powder as a consequence. Great day out.
Gondola from village to plateu and large north facing bowl to ski from ridge at highest point. Back side was closed when there as hard to look after safely in the vis we had it seemed so didn't ski that bit. Front side tree line down to village with choices of black, red, blue and shallow track, so all ok there.
Quite a bit of commercial area at village, food, ski, cafe plus tourism office. Prices very reasonable compared to bigger more headline resorts. Fair amount of places to eat up top as well.
Eskimo linked buses seem to be designated areas on each day ( we drive so car available) so for each other ski area it's a one shot deal as far as I can see, you have to go to X valley on that day I think. So you have to make up your mind ASAP to get your week organised.
Most interesting are Val Cenis and Bonneval Sur Arc which are well worth a day each. If you're there just one week then a couple of days out balanced with the rest at your own valley would be good.
We've been going to that end of the valley last three years, so gradually exploring all the nooks and crannies.
Eskimo pass is €175 walk up to buy price, so your deal looks well worth it.

I think you'll get a good week there as it holds snow well along that side of the valley anyway. Be interesting to see how you find it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ski3, Thanks for the info, i'm going to plan this week to try and get to as much as we can, we have a car as well so no biggy.

@Millom,

1. supplement for Eskimo pass-------No mate, it appears its just one pass.
2. tourist tax per person/day---------Tourist tax : € 0.90 per night and per person 18 years and + or 15 euro for the week for 2 (I'll take that)
3. supplement for wellness-----------Included in the price
4. higher price than you quote and for more people---------Doesn't appear so, ( 6 people on Jan 20th pay the same) https://ski.sunweb.co.uk/holiday_france/region_valfrejus/search.aspx?N=4294955150%204294965145
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Esdel, do you have a direct link to what you've booked or are going to book as I still can't see deal.

e.g.

"If you book an apartment at Les Chalets de Florence, you can use the spa facilities at the Darjeeling Club for a small fee (it is only 300m away)."

Lowest price from your link above is £189pp for 8 days not £129pp.

"(Week) Ski pass 6 days Valfréjus - Lift pass included in the price"

What am I missing?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's £189pp for 2 people sharing (not 4,6,8,etc.) which is what you're quoting for in your first post.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I booked this one

https://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/valfrejus/valfrejus/les_chalets_du_thabor.htm

The more people you have the bigger apartments you need ( i think), more than like 3/4 will push you into a 3 roomed apartment which i assume is why the price goes up, still great value though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So you're going on the 16th Dec? I see that as £129pp (other dates get relatively a lot more expensive) but still showing lift pass as a local one with a supplement for the Eskimo area one? Also the tourist tax showing as 1.10 Euro so not sure why you see something different? Gym free, sauna seems not to be? Accommodation looks decent (and free wifi in some areas) as you actually get bedroom but be interested to see how you get on re. final cleaning, linen, ski bus, etc. I look forward to your write-up Smile! The price you quote/paid at least looks good value for money assuming you get all you expect.

By the way there have also been some decent TO deals for 12th, 16th, 19th Dec this year for example I travel to Meribel (piste side chalet hotel) for £349 on 19th and there are £340 (without single supplement) deals to similar locations for 16th week. Week of the 12th was down to around £325-335 for the same sort of thing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Which ever way you cut it, the £129 would pay for the local lift pass so accommodation is effectively zero.

Those apartments are right alongside the home piste on the left as you come down about 100 mtrs from base of lift which is literally in the centre of the village where most of the shops are.

That first lift is a gondola that takes you straight up to the plateu in one hit, so no messing around to connect anything, it really is direct on to high level snow.

If you want to access Val Cenis from Termingnon ski area it's shown as a cat track all the way but in reality you can just go down to the top of a six man chair and they drop you right into VC to connect the rest.

It's good with a car also as no parking restrictions / costs anywhere in those ski areas.

Have you got the toll charge for Frejus tunnel costed in?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're off at Christmas for our 5th holiday with Sunweb, and then to St Francois Longchamp in March for our 6th so you could say I'm a fan. It's certainly been the cheapest way I've found of getting the family skiing as with the lift passes included the accommodation costs are very low. We are paying a £20 supplement this time to get the full Paradiski pass, we are a group of 6 in an apartment that sleeps 10 so have 4 bedrooms and no one in the lounge. As we get a returning customer discount the cost for the full area lift pass and accommodation works out at £529 per head.

Transport costs of course are on top of that.

I've always found them to be a fair and helpful outfit to deal with and their accommodation descriptions are pretty accurate and I've recommended Sunweb to colleagues who are now on their 3rd and 4th trips with the company.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
good to know people got positives to say.
If I wasnt already going to germany next week on shopping trip, Id be looking up for something.
Snow is to good not to go!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ski3, I have budgeted £200 for all fuel/Toll's on the Italy/French side, as far as i can work out the frejus tunnel is 52 euro for a return so give or take a few quid it should be fine.

@snowlamb, That's good to hear, although to be perfectly honest i would sleep on a camp bed to save £50

@Mr.Egg, Stay away from the currywurst.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunweb are great, I've used them over 10+ times never any issues and great UK based customer service, I once had to cancel due to a family double booking and they moved dates without charge.
The biggest plus is the free ski passes, often the cost of a 6 day pass is more than the weeks holiday.
Too good to be true?! A lot of people seem to think so but definitely not.

Keep an eye on last minute deals too, best deal I've ever had was a week in VT for £140 inc pass! Crazy good. Smile

One thing to note is you usually have to leave a deposit on arrival, never had any issues getting this back tho.
snow report
Another + for Sunweb. My son (14) and I went to Soll last year with them. Apart from the hotel expecting us to be German we had no issues at all and have booked for the same hotel this year. The hotel is also in the Crystal offering and would have cost us an additional £250 each with them.
ski holidays
Another + for Sunweb. My son (14) and I went to Soll last year with them. Apart from the hotel expecting us to be German we had no issues at all and have booked for the same hotel this year. The hotel is also in the Crystal offering and would have cost us an additional £250 each with them.
ski holidays
snow report
How do they make money?
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, I've often wondered that myself.
They claim to take more people skiing than any other tour operator so must have a pretty strong hand when it comes to them buying lift passes etc.
latest report
@alasdair.graham@hotmail.c, more than Crystal or Inghams? Ive never heard of them but i havent gone TO for over 10 years I guess
snow report
@holidayloverxx, I think so, most of their customers are German, Dutch, Belgian etc tho. All the times I've used them the resort reps have been Dutch. I was always a diy'er until I discovered them.
latest report
Just like to say thanks all for this. Just about to book a weeks accommodation with sunweb.
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
Just like to say thanks all for this. Just about to book a weeks accommodation with sunweb.

might be worth looking at the french sites first.
depending on the resort you can look at
https://www.pierreetvacances.com/
https://www.madamevacances.com/
https://www.vacances-lagrange.com/

and quite a few others.
snow report
@Mr.Egg, looking at Austria
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
@Mr.Egg, looking at Austria

cant help much there, though lots of resort hotels offer package deals. Anything from room only + ski pass to full board + ski pass.
I personally scan googlemaps & find hotels - even using street view when available! Look on their website for package offers.
ive found quite a few that way which is cheaper than snowtrex for example.

Found us a nice 7 bedroom SC chalet this way for next season for our group.
Flights, Chalet, Transfers, Lift Pass, Ski Hire at around £675
ski holidays
Happy with the price it is coming back with. Just reading up on posts about Sunweb before clicking on the “Book Now”.

All booked Happy
snow conditions
There used to be a Dutch company Jiba, who became sunweb in around 2005/6.
They definitely DID have reps in Avoriaz and Chatel, as they used to bring 30-50 people one night a week to our English restaurant for "French Night" Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy