Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thos Cook Long Haul Charter Flight Seat Payment Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ThIs isn't ski-related - but I know there'll be snowHead who have travelled on a long haul Thomas Cook charter flight... wink

We're flying to Barbados for a P&O Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks (don't panic....we're off to Colorado skiing at the end of January Smile ) and have had a message to say we could book seats ahead of the Thomas Cook charter flights.

We assumed that would relate to online check in - but it doesn't. When we go online, the only option we seem to have is to select seats and pay for them - at a cost of £100 for two of us for the outbound and return flights.

There is no mention of online check in - just a reference to the seat selection being available only until a week before the outbound flight.

Is this just a cunning money making ruse to panic people into paying for seats?

We are definitely booked on the flights - so the question is, nearer the time can we just check in (online or at airport) and be allocated a seat free of charge Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd guess that's just to choose your seat, it's about the right price (quite cheap actually!). I'd expect you to be assigned a seat if you leave it, same as any other flight.

I did a cruise (sail out, fly back) from Barbados a few yrs back - P&O/Thomas Cook - paid £150 each for the 'premium' seats back. Waste of money - still no legroom and most folks in there hadn't paid for the upgrade, so if you get that offer, wait til the last minute as it dropped in price quite a lot.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.thomascookairlines.com/en/flight-preparation/check-in/online-check-in.jsp

24hr before on line check in opens (where you don't pay extra to choose your seat)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morning mountainaddict, mrs Kiteman and I always pay the extra to book our seats when we fly to Florida.

On TC the planes are usually a 2-4-2 seat configuration, so we choose seats A and C (no B) as close to the front of the plane as possible so we can gt to the front of the queue at immigration.

If however you don't mind sitting next to someone whose bodily hygiene is not paramount to them, or who does not know arm rest etiquette, or you don't mind queuing for 1-2 hours to get through immigrsation .............................. then I would save your money
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all Very Happy - much obliged. 

Quote:
If however you don't mind sitting next to someone whose bodily hygiene is not paramount to them, or who does not know arm rest etiquette....
Mrs MA is well used to all of that...but still loves me anyway Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've flown with Thomas Cook a few time, I haven't paid for seats but always been allocated adjacent seats. I also have done the P&O cruise from Barbados, I can't remember queueing for immigration I think we were bussed straight from the plane to the ship terminal shed where you have to queue for formalities.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most the airlines charge you to select a seat now. It's just another way of getting money out of you. As a parent travelling with children, it prays on my fears that we will not all sit together. Therefore, I end up paying the bloody charges.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike-H wrote:
we will not all sit together

Isn't that a bonus with kids ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have just returned from Barbados flying with Thomas Cook so can answer your question.

We had booked through gotogate and got a price lower than on the Thomas Cook site. We never pay to get allocated seats and have never not been seated together. Yes the plane configuration is 2-4-2 but we were happy with the seats we got when we booked in on line for the Manchester flight. It is not possible to book in on line in Barbados so you need to queue at check in. The return flight wasn't full and we had the centre 4 seats to ourselves.
It did take a while for immigration but that was because the Thomas Cook flight was late and managed to arrive just as the Virgin flight also came in so they had 2 flights to deal with together.
We are not nervous travellers and just take life as it comes and its normally all fine....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy