Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UPDATED 2023 - Public transport & shared transfer info - Alps & Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Link to latest version (March 2023): click here (updated March 2023 to aid 23/24 season planning)
N.B. you may need to switch spreadsheet tabs to view specific resorts and prices. This isn't immediately obvious on mobile devices!

The spreadsheet above features ski resorts in the Alps & Pyrenees which are accessible...
- by train,
- by direct public bus from an airport, or
- by affordable, shared transfer

I'll add missing companies / routes to the table, so let me know about possible additions. Shared transfers should be timetabled and not "theoretical". Prices are no longer shown here (not easy to update), but the "Company info" tab gives an indication of how competitive prices are (medium / low / very low).

Here are a few rows of March 2023's version, to see how it looks before clicking the link:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 1-04-23 17:35; edited 65 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done.

May I suggest adding Altibus, but at 152 euro from Geneva to Les Arcs, perhaps not. SNCF offers a much cheeper alternative, but their web site is a bit difficult to navigate.

Keep up the good work
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@denfinella, wow. Well done.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@denfinella, great job.

Certainly very useful to many, I'm sure.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alpybus and easybus both do cheap transfers from geneva to cham/morzine, readily available for around €25 each way

alpybus have a stand in the airport, which makes them easier to find (and i'd recommend them for this reason alone) , easybus don't. you have to search for the bus wherever it may be parked, if you don't find it, it goes without you. and there is no one to talk to to try and find help, as we learned to our disadvantage in january when they parked somewhere away from the main pick up area, then left without us, meaning we had to get a taxi to morzine, not terribly cost effective!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good work. You might want to rename your thread however, as the Alps is much more than France and a tiny bit of Italy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@denfinella, yes, great work and a good basis to add to. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grand Massif and Go Massif?

I think ski-lifts cover GM and Pds?

Skidigonzalez seem to cover more and more these days (GM, PdS, Paradiski, 3Vs, EK)

Cool Bus are also spreading further as well aren't they?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This has to be made a sticky. Good job there & I can confirm after years of investigations your St Gervais info is correct.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is superb. Where's the like button?

Can I add Magic Transfers who go to Chatel for 84Euro's return from Geneva?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@denfinella, Nice idea snowHead

Is there also a 'day of the week' aspect to it? It's always seemed easier to transfer into - say - the 3V at the weekend for instance
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Please also add Ben's bus from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone for your comments / feedback.

New version posted at the top of the page, with more resorts and in a different format. Resorts now listed geographically (e.g. Tarentaise valley all in one group) and then by A-Z, not just A-Z. There were too many airports to have a column for each one and still get it to fit on one page, so instead the columns are just "Option 1", "Option 2", etc. Any SnowHead transfer provider recommendations which do offer shared transfers but don't have a public price list, I've listed briefly at the bottom.

@johnE: Altibus now added, but currently only from Chambery as the fares aren't in an easily accessible format for Geneva & Lyon.

@MountainIdiot: no public price lists for Alpybus / Easybus, but have listed at the bottom.

@Telford_Mike: I realise France doesn't equal the Alps, but hoping to gradually expand coverage to other countries

@Marcellus: no public price lists for Go Massif / Skiidy, but have listed at the bottom. Cool Bus seem to only offer private transfers. Forgot to check ski-lifts - will add to next version.

@mikeycharlton: no public price list for Magic Transfers, but have listed at the bottom.

@red 27: I'm just doing Saturday transfers at the moment (otherwise too much work!), but once you see a company listed you can check their website for other days of the week. Might be able to add other days of the week to the table in the future.

@Hell's Bells: sorry, thought I'd listed all the Ben's Bus destinations, but somehow missed Ben's Bus to Serre Chevalier. Now added.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@denfinella, it was only announced a couple of days ago. Thank you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@denfinella, great idea.

I'd second that Skiidy are great for PdS. Always have offers for returning customers and typically 15% off in advance - just had an email now in fact. Used 4 times, range of private and shared. Always great. Once we missed our shared transfer and they were great at getting us on the next one (only 2 of us mind, but still good service).
snow conditions
Nice job! Can you host it somewhere on the internet? I think you'd get a lot of hits.
snow conditions
Simply Transfers? Never used them, but their advert keeps appearing on the right-hand side of the forum, so I guess they are either a friend or financial supporter of Snowheads.
snow report
denfinella wrote:

New version posted at the top of the page, with more resorts and in a different format. Resorts now listed geographically (e.g. Tarentaise valley all in one group) and then by A-Z, not just A-Z. There were too many airports to have a column for each one and still get it to fit on one page, so instead the columns are just "Option 1", "Option 2", etc. Any SnowHead transfer provider recommendations which do offer shared transfers but don't have a public price list, I've listed briefly at the bottom.

@MountainIdiot: no public price lists for Alpybus / Easybus, but have listed at the bottom.

Alpybus prices are on their homepage. Ok they list 'from', but that's because their prices vary by how far in advance you book, same as ChamExpress (which are on the table).

Alpubus to Chamonix: 19.50 - 28.50EUR e/w, based on a quick look at their site. I normally pay about 25eur each way.

Easybus exactly the same as above - variable prices, cheaper the further in advance you book. To Chamonix: from 5EUR to 20EUR e/w.

ChamExpress prices, no idea where you got the 66eur, a quick look on their website throws up: 26.50EUR - 37.50EUR e/w (plus apparently an extra 1EUR for either a normal bag, or ski/board bag?!).

And for all the above the prices are the same to Les Houches, Chamonix Town, and Argentiere. Only difference ie Easybus only have 1 fixed stop in Chamonix town, they don't go anywhere else. The others are to the door/specified address.
latest report
fixx wrote:
denfinella wrote:

Alpybus prices are on their homepage. Ok they list 'from', but that's because their prices vary by how far in advance you book, same as ChamExpress (which are on the table).

Alpubus to Chamonix: 19.50 - 28.50EUR e/w, based on a quick look at their site. I normally pay about 25eur each way.

Easybus exactly the same as above - variable prices, cheaper the further in advance you book. To Chamonix: from 5EUR to 20EUR e/w.

ChamExpress prices, no idea where you got the 66eur, a quick look on their website throws up: 26.50EUR - 37.50EUR e/w (plus apparently an extra 1EUR for either a normal bag, or ski/board bag?!).

And for all the above the prices are the same to Les Houches, Chamonix Town, and Argentiere. Only difference ie Easybus only have 1 fixed stop in Chamonix town, they don't go anywhere else. The others are to the door/specified address.

Just watch out that some companies, such as ChamExpress, quote their prices HT (Hors Taxe I presume) and then (as you say) bags on top... They also swap busses along the way, so Courmayeur to Geneva could stop at Les Houches like it did for my sister.

So much for "no extras"!
snow report
@fixx, Chamexpress are listed on the table as most tickets are a "standard fare" of 32.80 euros each way... = 66 euros return. I'll add a footnote about the saver & flexi fares.

The other companies you mention have, as you say, variable prices. I could list the "from" price, but I don't think the majority of tickets are sold at that price.

@Badbobby, good spot about tax. I'll alter this on the next update. Swapping buses - this seems to be a possibility with a number of companies.
snow report
Is there any chance of making the font a little bigger, or will it not all fit on the same page?
latest report
@denfinella, Just a thought, but how about sharing it via Google Sheets?

I'm sure there are features where it can be made read-only to others.
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, the problem is getting it to fit on one page (horizontally). The font should be very slightly larger now as I've abbreviated the airports to their IATA codes, making the columns narrower. The picture link automatically resizes all the images (there are 6) to a set width. However, you can click on the image to see it in a larger size.

@Izzop, I haven't used Google Sheets but will have a look.

P.S. new version includes Arlberg Express and some minor changes.
snow report
cant seem to find any alti bus trasfers for chambery can any one help. in fact i cant seem to find any public transfers buses or trains wtf. private want £600 ouch cheap chambery flights not looking so cheap now
ski holidays
geraint wrote:
cant seem to find any alti bus trasfers for chambery can any one help. in fact i cant seem to find any public transfers buses or trains wtf. private want £600 ouch cheap chambery flights not looking so cheap now

you must be going to one of the only places that Altibus don't go to from Chambery.

I have the opposite problem - finding a suitable flight to Chambery in order to make use of cheap Altibus transfers
snow conditions
Going to tignes le lac from chambery phoned alti bus today and they told me they are no longer doing transfers from chambery gutted from what I have read they did them last year
snow report
They list it on web site but if u go through to next page it tell you no availability. I've tried it all ways dif dates different destinations even going to bourg first that's why I rang them. was hoping it was me being a retard or just there sh*t web site but no such luck help
latest report
Can you get a local bus from Bourg?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@geraint, They haven't loaded the winter timetables to their system yet, that usually happens sometime in November. It may be worth trying again in a couple of weeks and you should have more luck then.

Looking at the Chambery airport site they still seem to think the busses will be running - http://www.chambery-airport.com/en/access/shuttle

@denfinella, Excellent idea to produce this.
latest report
@geraint, The people in the tourist office in Tignes think the busses will still be running this year as well http://www.tignes.net/sejour/venir/transports/bus
snow conditions
@geraint, don't panic. As @skichampcouk, said, likely to be on offer soon.
If not, there are other ways to get from CMF to Tignes that are much cheaper than £600. When are you scheduled to fly out?
snow conditions
Thanks everyone for the help I'll keep trying alti bus web site over the next couple of weeksand hope they run a service. I'm heading out for Christmas week
ski holidays
Table in first post updated with a few more resorts / transfer companies.
ski holidays
Can I echo the request that we make this a sticky?
Great information.
I know we can't have too many stickies but this kind of reference material looks more of a candidate than some of the existing ones
latest report
Table in first post updated with a few more resorts (mostly in Salzburgerland and the Dolomites), airports (Venice x2, Verona, Milan) and transfer companies (Huber Reisen, Dolomiti Stars).
ski holidays
@denfinella, AostaExpress GVA-Courmayeur seems to be a black hole, been trying to organise transfers for a relative and she says their booking process simply does not work. However SAVDA (Aosta Valley public buses) run a bus between Geneva Airport and Turin Airport which calls at both Chamonix and Courmayeur.

http://www.lovevda.it/Media/Default/Allegati-PDF/Flyer_Ginevra.pdf
snow conditions
How about adding "Cortina Express" for transfers to Dolomite regions of: Cortina, Alta Badia and Alta Pusteria

http://www.cortinaexpress.it/?lang=en
snow conditions
@nbt, thanks. Maybe keep an eye on AostaExpress and if indeed it turns out to have stopped running, I'll take it off the list. I'll add SAVDA to the next update.

@jimmybog, I'll add Cortina Express to the list at the bottom of the table, but they don't appear to have an easily accessible price grid (without manually going through all the combinations) so I can't easily add it to the main grid.
ski holidays
Alpe d'Huez, L2A and a few smaller resorts around Grenoble are accessible via regular and economic services through the Grenoble station hub (vfd.fr). Geneva airport to AdH works out at 87euro return.

Grenoble station to resorts:
http://www.transaltitude.fr/fr/

Geneva airport to Grenoble station:
https://www.aerocar.fr/en/

The above bus stops at Chambery en-route, though not at the airport.

A regular service also runs from Lyon airport to Grenoble station but I haven't used it in recent years.
snow report
denfinella wrote:
@nbt, thanks. Maybe keep an eye on AostaExpress and if indeed it turns out to have stopped running, I'll take it off the list. I'll add SAVDA to the next update.

@jimmybog, I'll add Cortina Express to the list at the bottom of the table, but they don't appear to have an easily accessible price grid (without manually going through all the combinations) so I can't easily add it to the main grid.

These are the approx prices, actual will be dependant on village location you are transferring to but the price will not vary by much:

Single Return

Venice ALta badia 35.00 70.00

Venice Cortina 25.00 50.00

Venice ALta Pusteria 30.00 60.00
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy