Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
We decided to give Kaltenbach a miss as it was forecast to snow and the runs there and in Fugen are generally above the tree line.

We ended up driving to Gerlos and it was well worth it. It snowed until around 2pm and with some overnight snow the pistes were in excellent condition and a lot of fresh to be found just off the side of the piste. Probably no more than 10cm new snow but it was fun.

Kids (and dad) liked nipping in and out of the trees. 😀

We didn’t find the pistes were very challenging with the blacks we skied more like reds. But good long runs down to the valley floor was great and with snow falling the tree line was very helpful!

I think I prefer the Gerlos side of the Arena over the Zell side.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks v much for this - v helpful. Sounds wonderful as we love long valley runs
- watching the webcams with interest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yesterday was one of those wonderful days where the pistes have been prepared the night before and then you get 5-10cm of fresh overnight. Took my board out for a change and so glad I did. Wonderful hard and fast powder cruising. Of course it was all tracked out on piste by 10.30am!

Today was pea soup. All day. Not fun. Although it snowed quite heavily this morning so snow felt nice but couldn’t see anything. Tomorrow’s forecast looks better...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We almost gave up after lunch in the schneekar but persisted and had some great runs in the afternoon as the mist cleared. Didn't get off the hill till after 3.30 when it closed in again.

Pissing down in the village tonight.

Tomorrow morning will be great powder, we plan to be first on the lift and head to the valley of death.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JimboS, good for you! We were over at Eggalm most of the day. Coming back was challenging with the kids
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@JimboS, did you enjoy the powder? We got up early. Was fantastic.

Was quite a bit of new snow, maybe 15cm I guess.

Warm this PM with lower runs heavy. Still no complaints. Another cracking day
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to St Anton tomorrow for a few days but will be sorry to leave the Zillertal behind Sad

Back in May though.....hope to get some glacier skiing then.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were at the top of the penken by about 8.30 and spent most of the morning op, no champagne pow but lots of fresh lines. Great day as you say, it was getting really warm by mid day so we were in the happy end by about 2.30

Death Valley was in great condition with just a few lines in there before we arrived at the top and about 20cm of fresh.

Another great week in Da Hoff.

Just now hope to get another few days up at Glenshee before the end of the season.

Have a great few days in St Anton and don't break leg on the way down from the moos in the dark.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
New lift status in case you are interested

https://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/mountain-experience-winter/activities/skiing/new-moeslbahn-in-winter-201819/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well tomorrow we may get up to Hintertux. I will post some photos.

They say they have 28km open!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will be interested, I see they have turned off the Tuxerfernhaus web cam which is generally not a good sign.

We are heading out on the 16th of June.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well it was 27 degrees in Mayrhofen today, around 17 degrees at the bottom of Tux at the car park, 10 degrees apparently at Tuxer fernerhaus (I was sitting in a t-shirt and too hot...) and around 6 degrees at the top.

By the time we had hired skis for the kids and me, we probably got up the mountain by 9.30.

We noticed a lot less ski teams than last year. Last year some of the US team was up there and plenty of others. This year it felt very empty (better snow on the French glaciers compared to last year?) which was perfect for us.

Snow was hard packed initially but soon soften up. It hasn’t frozen over night so soon into soft spring corn type snow and by 11am it was getting heavy in the southern facing pistes. We stopped for lunch and managed to ski until 3pm which was good going.

It felt like less pistes open compared to the same time last year, with only one piste open off the Larmstrange. However looking around there was more snow cover. The black Sonnenhang was open for example.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A few pictures

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They were scrapping off the snow outside the Tuxer fernerhaus to conserve for later in the summer.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking good!
snow report
In the background you can see the cover they put out to protect the glacier from sun in places.
snow report
I've been going to Hintertux most years since the early 90s, there has been a massive loss of ice since then. Back then there was a tunnel into the ice near the Tuxerfernhaus.
latest report
How far down did the glacier go?
latest report
It didn't go much further than today but it was much thicker. all the rocks you now see in the summer from the Tuxerfernhaus were not there and the number 3 (cat track) run back from the bottom of Larmstrange, about halfway along had the tunnel going into the glacier.
snow report
Wow amazing. My kids were asking if their kids would be able to ski on the glacier Sad
latest report
Conditions looks pretty similar when I was there last week, good snow down to the Tuxerfernhaus.

http://youtube.com/v/aGZJXMptioU
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy