Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Trwoodward, we were pretty close to there too. Yep, get to the Colarado pistes first thing and you should be laughing. If you take Verdons Nord over the top there’s a nice blue there but from memory it does have a steepish bit in the middle. The last section can get missed and you can end up on the red to Verdons Sud lift which is often very busy with a combination of skiers who are struggling to get down and frustrated individuals who have just stormed down Kamikaze.... (if I say when it was human soup on Friday a lady and I had our line under control to turn away from each other but some idiot came at who knows what speed throug the middle of us [in the middle of the piste] and hit us both with his ski poles????)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone know why they closed the red run down into Montchavin? We are staying in Le Rami, and used the red run to get down to chair on montchavin. It has been perfectly fine if a little heavy. Last night they moved all the snow and created snow walls. Some people did still use it to get down but it is closed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @alangibson73 and @SkiWithThree!. We'll start with Colarado then and see how it goes. Hoping that it won't be too busy next week given how late in the season it is...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Parking near Belle Plagne :

Does anyone know if Bellecote is cheaper for parking for a week ? It used to be €6 a day outside in Belle Plagne, but that appears now to have trebled. Or it's €72 for the underground for a week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can’t comment on Bellecôte, but we stayed in BP a couple of years ago and got a discount with the accommodation company (Pierre et Vacances) after arriving. Think it was about €60. You can also get closer to your accommodation as it lists where you are underground if that makes sense so you don’t have to drage everything through the village as most residences have a direct access to the car park.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gilly28, did you find out why? I am very intrigued.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SkiWithThree!, There's an hour or so free un the underground, so time to dump stuff of right at the appartemement no problem. Just looking for somewhere to drive the car off to afterwards, cheaper than €72 for the week. Maybe there just isn't anywhere ....

( This of course assumes I don't win the lottery and nab one of the half a dozen free places )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gämsbock wrote:
@Gilly28, did you find out why? I am very intrigued.

No, don’t know why, may ask at reception but don’t think their English is that good and my French isn’t. I thought they always tried to maintain a link to Montchavin, I’ve certainly been here at this time previously with snow not as good and that run was still open. Really disappointing as we now have to take two cars into Les Coches and also means we have to wait about on each other, whereas before if a couple of us were ready we’d head out and the rest catch up. We are staying in Le Rami et La Marelle and now wouldn’t book for here again, will go back to the apartments down in Montchavin next to bubble.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gilly28, tourist office or lifties might tell you? I agree it's very strange and a total PIA for you! When I did the season there (5 years ago!) it was another good snow year and the run was open and perfectly skiable right the way up till the lifts closed on 21st April.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gilly28, does seem a bit odd that. Rami seems to be in a slightly unfortunate position in terms of access to the pistes. We always stay in Pentes, Traverse, De for easy access. We stayed in Montchavin once and liked it but find Les Coches a bit more convenient.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not normally one to reply to my own posts, but I subsequently discovered this page with gives the full info on parking. Very useful if you're driving.

https://winter.la-plagne.com/station/parking.html
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Layne, Will have a look at those, we have been booking via Erna Low and driving over from
Scotland so the flexiplus is handy for not being so restricted to tunnel times. Next time we are thinking of flying and renting a car for a change to see how that goes (although we do love the road trip!) and if so we can look at different apartments. We do quite like being in Montchavin though.
Le Rami was great until they closed the piste, and I booked it as folk who own in Montchavin have said they always maintain that access. Just a pity. Last day today though Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gilly28, I've stayed in Les Coches 7 times and Montchavin once. Ironically there was a lack of snow the time we stayed in Montchavin and we had to get the gondola down each day. It is a nicer village though not such a sunny disposition. However, Les Coches isn't bad either. And to be honest we pretty much spend the evening in once the skiing is done so the loveliness of the respective stations doesn't matter. If you use the search facility they do good lift pass included deals.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just been looking at webcams.
Amazing conditons over on Champagny sector.
Its mid April. Last year most of the hillside that Verdon Sud runs up was brown long before now.
And i don't think i've ever seen the bottom of Hara-kiri covered with snow this time of year - usually its unskiable by mid March.
Blue skies, warm sun, lovely slush (i really do love slush) - so wish i was out there . . . Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonpim, yes it's amazing , spent the day up high as not a great lover of slush
snow conditions
Yuge again ..... :

Has anybody here managed to get any of the following badges ?

Local
Ambassador
Lightening
Envers
Arpette
Plagne angel
Blue spirit
Skyline
Astronaut
6643m

I should have most of these but haven't, especially bizarre for the last 3 as I have got 7 Peaks
latest report
I got Lightning when I downloaded my photo. I know I should have had several more this year (including a few you’ve mentioned) but it looks like they’ve had a few issues this year. Thankfully it’s all just for fun. snowHead
snow report
@SkiWithThree!, How do you mean "downloaded" - I've had the pic done there and it's on my photo section in the app, but no sign of the badge Sad
snow conditions
Ooh that’s odd! I just did the download to my pass at the screen at the top of Colosses and the badge popped up. Sorry not to be more help! Did appear a couple of days later though.
ski holidays
@eblunt, I'm the same - I have Lightning but none of the others you mention, although I should have many of them.
ski holidays
@SkiWithThree!, @Alastair, I've download the pic with the pass at least half a dozen times this season at the top of Colosses .. nothing.

The bizarrest one is the peaks badges - how on earth can you have 7 peaks but none of the others ?
latest report
Havent got a clue seem to get some but tend not worry .... wink
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, yes, as @SkiWithThree! says, it's just a bit of fun. I did win a neckwarmer early in the season although the lady in the tourist office did say that season pass holders weren't supposed to be eligible to win prizes! Sadly, I think that's one bug they've fixed.
ski holidays
Yes I know it's just a bit of fun, but problem is I come from a programming background, so I can see some really sloppy programming errors that are just screaming out at me.
ski holidays
Today was the last opening day of the Vanoise Express for this winter season, but you can still enjoy the altitude resorts.
Les Arcs 1950 / Arcs 2000 and La Plagne altitude villages are open until April 28th.
snow conditions
Well, the season may be over, but no one told the weather gods!!!

I may be the only person in resort that got excited by the snow! LOL Everyone else is hating it but it's better than the grey damp/wet weather we've had recently. Sunshine or snow is good, grey and damp is ikky!! LOL
snow conditions
I see the Roche de Mio webcam shows progress being made in dismantling the old Inversens chairlift. It will be good to see a faster lift there!
snow report
Alastair wrote:
I see the Roche de Mio webcam shows progress being made in dismantling the old Inversens chairlift. It will be good to see a faster lift there!

Use it a lot and yes, it will be great to see a faster version!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Safe for work. This is them cutting the cable on Inversens, very French method, makeshift extended welding kit. Not sure I would want to be that close to a flying metal cable

https://www.facebook.com/teddy.geffroy/posts/10212562328234978
ski holidays
Inversens could do with having a cover. It can get pretty windy and chilly. Obviously helps if it's a bit quicker!
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
Inversens could do with having a cover. It can get pretty windy and chilly. Obviously helps if it's a bit quicker!

Fabulous run but as you say bloody cold lift
snow conditions
Will the new Inversions lift be in place by this winter? I presume this is the only major change for next season?
snow report
Another quiet area that will get busier because of a faster lift Sad

When will new pistes be built? New lifts, new hotels, new apartments, new access roads but no new pistes to take the traffic I know the same question is being asked in LA, I guess the answer will always be ski out of holiday weeks...
snow conditions
chopkins13 wrote:
Will the new Inversions lift be in place by this winter? I presume this is the only major change for next season?

Don't see why not. As far as I know it's a straightforward upgrade.
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
Another quiet area that will get busier because of a faster lift Sad

When will new pistes be built? New lifts, new hotels, new apartments, new access roads but no new pistes to take the traffic I know the same question is being asked in LA, I guess the answer will always be ski out of holiday weeks...

Jeez man, how can you moan about investment in the lift system. I don't upgrading existing lifts is any kind of issue.

Putting more beds in, like building 1950 perhaps is.

But then I do ski out main season so not a big problem for us.
ski holidays
@Layne, I like your positivity, perhaps my negativity is skewed by the length of time it took them to get Envers up and running?! I'm hoping they've gone back to their usual lift supplier for the new Inversens lift!
latest report
chopkins13 wrote:
@Layne, I like your positivity, perhaps my negativity is skewed by the length of time it took them to get Envers up and running?! I'm hoping they've gone back to their usual lift supplier for the new Inversens lift!

If that is the lift I think it is - the seats are horrible as well.
ski holidays
@Layne, Yes it's the most uncomfortable 'new' lift I've ever experienced really brutal when the chairs go over the pylons too! Still, better than sliding down the ice to La Roche for a below-par skier like me...
latest report
chopkins13 wrote:
@Layne, Yes it's the most uncomfortable 'new' lift I've ever experienced really brutal when the chairs go over the pylons too! Still, better than sliding down the ice to La Roche for a below-par skier like me...

Definitely the crappiest new lift I've seen in a long time. We were all mystified as to why it was purchased.
snow conditions
@chopkins13, you've got me worried now that Inversen might be the same Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy