Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Fruity, where in 1800 are you staying?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Conditions update: snow generally good in all areas I went today, as far down as Villaroger. Exception is Violettes down to Granges, which is a mix of ice, dirt, good snow and bare ground. Weather perfect - sunshine with little wind. Not too warm so the snow stayed good all day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tonyswift, I'd be interested to know how your Ski Club GB off piste session went?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair, sounds good. This time last year I was biting my nails hoping there would be enough snow left for Easter trip.

This year, two weeks to go and not worried at all.... Excitement in our household is rising.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super U in BSM is now open Sundays 8.00-12.30.
https://www.magasins-u.com/superu-bourgsaintmaurice

HORAIRES D’OUVERTURE
Lundi : 08h00 à 19h30Mardi : 08h00 à 19h30Mercredi : 08h00 à 19h30Jeudi : 08h00 à 19h30Vendredi : 08h00 à 19h30Samedi : 08h00 à 19h30Dimanche : 08h00 à 12h30
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fruity, @Alastair, We are staying in L'Iseran in Chantel village - Also crossing the channel on Thursday Fruity!

Will be doing the guided skiing through the ski club of GB for 2 mornings. Its good for my technique!

How many of you is "We" fruity?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saturday 24 March. Fresh tracks, blue sky, powder and even spring snow!

Today we headed over to La Plagne for a couple of laps of the Bellecote as it is changeover day.

Managed to find some fresh untracked powder and really nice spring snow.

After two laps it was time to head back to Les Arcs. A quick water slide (first time this season! and dry!!). Then a drink before heading for home at the Altiport and more free entertainment.

The pistes are in very good condition and the off piste although tracked is still fun and you can get fresh tracks if you work hard to find the untouched snow.

If you are interested in seeing where we skied today, check out the photos in the March Two 2018 Album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1643228919086901

For those that have just arrived, there is plenty of snow and you should be in for a fun week. The water slide and air bag at the Altiport are open. The snow park is in excellent condition and the Border cross courses are all open.

Anyone wanting to join us for a ski needs to send me a PM. Also I have been asked about Race training for some youngsters. I understand that ESF Arc 1800 will be having some sessions this week. Get in touch with them direct or send me a PM if you want more info.

Hope you all have a good holiday.

@TallGuyUK, If you are looking for another youngster to ski with your son when not in ski school. Send me a PM as another family also have a boy the same age and a black run skier. If you want to join in with us for some skiing. Send me a PM here or on the Les Arcs Winter page. There are always some people out most days. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@karin, I did the half day off piste guided session which I thought was really good. More than just guiding as he gave us a lot of really helpful advice and individual feedback! The only trouble was that there were a few there who probably weren't quite up to the required level and may have regretted booking it. This held things up a bit but I thoroughly enjoyed it and now feel confident to ski more off piste. I would have done the full day session as well (slightly more advanced but I felt confident enough after the first session) but I was there with friends and family so needed to balance things a bit.

I will definitely do it again on my next trip so worth buying the membership too (particularly as it got me £10 off my new Leki poles from Snow & Rock!)

I hope you have recovered now...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowcrazy, actually with a daughter! Have pm'd
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, just back from an amazing week in Les Arcs, staying in Arc 2000.

Perfect snow and beautiful, sunny conditions for 5 out of the 6 days so couldn't have asked for more!!

Lots of fun on and off piste - with highlights including the blacks off Aguille Rouge black and Grand Col, the un-groomed Malgovert run, the beautiful Comborciere (first skiers of the day on that!) and some fantastic off-piste!!

Special thanks to all the Esprit staff at Altitude Residence who really made the holiday for all our family - our kids absolutely loved it!!

The only downside was the terrible attitude and service at the ski rental shop (Arc Sports 2000 underneath Chalet D'Ours) both when we collected and dropped off the gear. They helped to make what can be a hectic and stressful part of the holiday (with kids) much worse. Another reason why I buy all my own gear(!!) and we certainly won't be using them again. Next time with the family I will book ski hire separately instead of through the TO as maybe we can get a bit better service then!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another great day in the National park. Easy ski today with friends before some leave as the holiday period begins again.

Managed a few routes in the park and some fun stuff under the varet gondola. Photos and other info later. More to come in a few days.

@TallGuyUK, that's cool. Sent you a PM. Hope to catch up later in the week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@tonyswift, Sounds good, wish they'd had spaces when we were out. Next time maybe.
Leg is mostly recovered, I've been back in ski boots teaching all weekend, so can't be that bad!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair, @TallGuyUK, Archeboc in Charmetogger at 1800...near the Transarc according to the map Wink 'we' are a couple of families, teenagers and mix of ski/boarders... I suspect we will be in L'Arpette bar on occasion Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tonyswift, we are in Altitude Residence at Easter - so it's good to hear positive feedback for the current crop of 'hosts'. We've been there twice before and the staff have been great.

We've also used that Ski Hire place - and with 3 boys to kit out, it can be 'fraught' - I can't say we've had a problem previously, in fact i'd say they been most helpful. Will be interesting to see what they are like when we get there.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Richie_S, Stayed in Altitude a couple of times, most recently in January. Our hosts were not the best we have had. Food is OK, but we have been served better by Esprit. In January, one of the hosts spent most of the week eating snot out of their nose. Shocked However, Esprit are superb with the child care so I overlook the average food as I know the kids are happy and safe.

We're back in Les Arcs this Sunday for Easter, staying at Chalet D'Ours this time (again with Esprit). Never had a problem with the ski hire shop beneath. Getting skis sorted for kids is never them most fun part of the holiday, but the service was OK.

Forecast looks like snow this week and sunshine to follow. Really looking forward to it now.
snow conditions
Arrived in 1950 at lunchtime. Snow is incroyable for this time of year depth and quality. Depth? Well our apartment is the 1st floor. The piste outside is ABOVE the balcony rail. Photo to follow. Guess the guys below us are a little pi$$ed... quality? Well, a little light dusting throughout the day has meant a lovely piste still intact at 4pm,:no spring skiing mush here.

Light a little flat but very few complaints from the Rolls.
snow conditions
Forecast for the next week is amazing as well. Enjoy
snow conditions

So yes, that is outside our window on THE FIRST FLOOR!
latest report
Arrived on Saturday in Arc 2000 to a day and a half of lovely sun and now the snow seems to be coming!

Is it possible for the other half to go right up the Aguille rouge (obviously should it be open that is) and back down the cable car (then potentially back down the varet cable car too) or is it a case of one way?

Thanks
snow report
Today was a work day so no skiing for me. Lot's to sort out. From what I have been told the conditions were very mixed and the light was poor most of the time. Hope it improves quickly.

Yesterday was another Blue Sky powder day. We stayed in the national park most of the day after a training run down the middle of the Arc 2000 bowl and under the Varet on the steeper gullies.

Finally finishing with a play above Arc 1950 and a fast ski down the ski cross course set up above the snowpark for the kids Coq d'Or training.

Time for a drink at the Altiport before saying goodbye and wishing our friend well on his next journey!

If you are interested in seeing what conditions were like in the Park, take a look at the photos I have just posted in the March two 2018 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1643228919086901

Anyone interested in joining us on Wednesday please send me a PM for meet up details. Hoping for a powder day!

@willirvine, Yes, walkers can go up and down. just need a lift ticket.
ski holidays
Nice blue skies in the morning missed due to meetings, but the afternoon... fortune favoured the brave for sure. Started snowing at about 2pm, when we went out. You don't want to be in the 2000 bowl under conditions of flat light and limited vis, so we headed to Peisy.
Fab.u.lous.
no one around, ( ok, the 2 of us did have to share our lift seat once in the whole afternoon ) a couple of inches of freshies on top of solid pistes, great runs down Mytilles, Aigle, etc. Made our way over to Carrely to get home, and the fog came in...oh not great. A white out, full of snow which by now was 3,4 inches on the deck... run back to 1950 was ok but getting chilly so be glad to be going home for 4.45. Still no spring snow type conditions even that late in the day.

And it's still snowing at 8pm. I love this place.
snow report
willirvine wrote:
Is it possible for the other half to go right up the Aguille rouge (obviously should it be open that is) and back down the cable car (then potentially back down the varet cable car too) or is it a case of one way?

She can. There will be queues for the Rouge gondolier. If you go lunchtime will be less. We queued about 15 minutes at that time today.
ski holidays
Just got back to ski the powder! It was snowing just now as I drove into the valley. Wet, but still snowing. It should be good up top! Anyone driving out that wants to go up the mountain, you might need chains so I would advise you to have them handy.

I heard today was quiet and powder on the pistes, but poor vis at times. It look's like we will have a great Easter Holiday ski!

If you want to meet up tomorrow for a Ski. Send me a PM before 9am for further details. It should be a powder day!! Bring Arvi gear!
ski holidays
Quickie... anyone know where will show European Champions Cup Rugby over weekend?
ski holidays
I see from Instagram that Jenny Jones is in Les Arcs 2000 at the moment. Keep your eyes peeled!
latest report
Fruity wrote:
@Alastair, @TallGuyUK, Archeboc in Charmetogger at 1800...near the Transarc according to the map Wink 'we' are a couple of families, teenagers and mix of ski/boarders... I suspect we will be in L'Arpette bar on occasion Very Happy

will see you in there!
ski holidays
@Fruity, @TallGuyUK, hope to be back on the slopes by the time you get here - had a fairly high speed wipeout the other day when only one ski detached, and I've been resting the ankle since then. rolling eyes I'll probably try again on Friday.
snow report
Wednesday 28 March. It started as a powder day and was great until after lunch, but then warmed up and became heavy snow lower down.

Spent the morning above Arc 1600 and then the Arc 2000 area before going down Par Avalanche. Lunch at Villaroger then back through the forest to Comborciere and over to the snowpark and a drink at the Altiport.

A quick play in the forest on the way down to Arc 1600 then home.

More fresh tracks tomorrow we hope. Just a few photos tonight. More to follow tomorrow. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/

Anyone wanting to join us tomorrow needs to PM me before 9am for meet up details. Enjoy the photos!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
100% with snowcrazy on snow quality. Below Violettes in the morning was orrible. Indeed Mrs Roll came a cropper and is off to the cabinet medicale this morn to see why her shoulder is still in agony.
Afternoon over in peisey Vallandry was lovely, but spring like towards the bottom.
Jenny Jones was in 1950 celebrating the start of British week : tea, cake and a queue ( for selfies) . How delightfully stereotypical.

More snow overnight, freshening things up, Temps heading back to normal for time of year. Snow depth still unreal though and while still cloudy there is the odd blue patch showing. Should be another good one.
ski holidays

JJ in 1950
latest report
Out to Vallandry Saturday - given last few trips the "spring snow" in village actually meant grass, I'm not going to complain at all looking at snow levels - even if it is spring snow
ski holidays
@Boris, Plenty of snow that level and lower when I was there last week so I think you are in for a surprise!
latest report
Off to 1950 for 2 weeks on Sat, I was worried about no snow and now I'm just worried about no sun !!
snow report
@djf, if I had to choose - no sun
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
@djf, if I had to choose - no sun

Cool
snow report
@djf, I suspect you'll find both sun and snow. Enjoy your holiday!
ski holidays
@Boris, have a look at the Webcams - https://en.lesarcs.com/webcams.html - the Vannoise Express one shows Peisey and Vallandrey. Last year those lower areas were green with a couple of white strips running back to them. This year it is all white!!!
ski holidays
@tonyswift, Indeed the trip over to La Plagne is unencumbered by grass, rocks, etc. - or was three days ago.

There is a definite feeling that spring is imminent, but it hasn't reached the slopes yet Very Happy .
ski holidays
@tonyswift, it's been running in the background for last few weeks Laughing

This year makes up for Easter 2011 which was not good. This was run out of Vallandry bowl

latest report
@Boris, that doesn't look very appealing does it??!!!

I know what you mean re web cams. Prior to my trip to Les Arcs last week I had them permanently open on my work PC since the day I got back from Val D'isere in January!! Incidentally the Val D'isere ones were on my PC from about last November!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy