Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
Though at least they're not yet charging for tap water, like in Ischgl...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@peanuthead, The thing I really like about St Anton is ............................................................ Zurs! If I fly/drive I'll take the car to Zurs where the early skiing is so much better, less crowded, and opens up a lot more piste terrain. Otherwise Galzig or Nasserein can be a pain but certainly nothing like Rond Point in Val, or the Aeroski in Tignes, or even worse getting up to Grande Motte.

I'm hoping the new lift from Stuben is not going to bottleneck Madlochjoch/Zug. That would be a pity to have to take the Postbus into Lech. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booked a last minute and flying tomorrow, never thought to check the forecast given the season we have been having. Just looked 😳 17c! Will I need a pair of mckonkeys original water skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mt wrote:
Booked a last minute and flying tomorrow, never thought to check the forecast given the season we have been having. Just looked 😳 17c! Will I need a pair of mckonkeys original water skis?

A Sombrero is clearly what you will need ....

http://youtube.com/v/xF7LyCRKf5s
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mt, stay high and it’ll be great, long ski days and sunny terraces, empty slopes. Not too shabby at all on piste, off opportunity too but take a guide though huge slides possible now on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice tunes tonight..

Its live online...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perfect Day!

2 weeks to go ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Made it to Strlolz's sale, a couple of Apperols at the Crown in Lech, all before dinner in the chalet!

Today's skiing in brilliant blue skies. Queues ..... hardly any. Went over to Zurs about 11.00 am and skied virtually empty pistes on both sides. Trittkopf was lovely skiing as usual. Firm to sugary pistes. Tomorrow looks set to be like today............ high temps, slushy by midday low down, early drinks in town. Typical late season skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skimastaaah, just out of interest do they reduce their own ski boots in the Strolz sale?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boabski, I wasn't looking at the Strolz boots especially so did not notice if there was a reduction on them. There were other brands reduced by up to 40%.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimastaaah, ok. Thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@boabski, would not expect that. We noticed that even in summer they are quite busy fitting shoes...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Overcast with southerly Fohn today..& looks like all this week ...

Plenty of slides in Steissbachtal, normal this time of the year..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from a fab family holiday in St Anton. Not been for over ten years but the pistes must have mellowed (or I've got better) as I remember it being challenging skiing but all pistes seemed "soft" for the colour. Mixed age and ability group from 2 to 70 odd, all had a super time with great weather, skiing and food. Only downside was the wife and I didn't get about as much as we'd have liked due to have the youngest kids but all in all, I would definitely go back. Hardly any queues apart from the Valluga, pistes weren't that busy and I would say that it's a great destination for dedicated piste skiers, most of our group had no off-piste intentions and all raved about the skiing.

One thing that no-one seemed to know was, what are the big signs that seem to have 3D arrows on them at the top of some lifts?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
galpinos wrote:

One thing that no-one seemed to know was, what are the big signs that seem to have 3D arrows on them at the top of some lifts?

...to warn pilots of the existence of cable-car cables. Intended for all but suitably equipped USA military pilots, who go through...
ski holidays
Hot and quiet, slushy but still good fun. Slush is better than no snow.
ski holidays
Is it possible to rent out large self catered chalets in the area at all? If so recommendations of sites to look at please?

Looking to get a group of friends together over New Year 2018/19.....
ski holidays
@kitenski, Check out the st anton tourist info website. Tbph never seen a whole chalet for rent, that said I've never really looked for one but most of the accommodation is Pension or Hotel accommodation rather than self catering chalets.

I just did a search for 10 people over New Year and it came up with no results. I think you'll struggle, most places are fully booked that time of year well in advance. I just booked last week for Christmas and we get last room where we stay, and New Year is normally a busier period.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, yeh already looked before posting, think it's a more French thing to be able to rent whole chalets but wanted to check.....
snow conditions
Try PowderWhite, some of their chalets can be booked on a self-catered basis IIRC.
snow conditions
There's about 2 hours mid to late morning where the snow is pretty decent. Had some lovely runs off the tops of both sides of Zurs today. After that though it deteriorates rapidly
latest report
Just found out it’s only 105€ each way to Ischgl, does anyone know if the snow will be better? It looks like most of the skiing is higher
snow conditions
Mt wrote:
Just found out it’s only 105€ each way to Ischgl, does anyone know if the snow will be better? It looks like most of the skiing is higher

I'd doubt it'd be 210 euro better! Just pick your slopes carefully depending on which way they face and time of the day.
snow report
It’s been the fohn wind that’s been worse than the sun, like a warm summer breeze in Zurs at lunchtime
snow conditions
Train & Bus is a fraction of that taxi price. €10.20 one way.

Ischgl will have same snow conditions as Rendl

FFS what do you expect it is April.. Folks only ski early for 2 hours first thing then chillout the rest of the day.

It is also the warmest week im Austria this year
ski holidays
@Mt, Get out first lift and stay on north and west facing slopes and high up, surely Rendl, Albona and Schindler/ Valluga, Muggengrat, Rufi/ Trittkopf etc can't be that bad until 2pm? I was there Easter weekend and on the Saturday it was 10C+ on Albona and we were skiing powder on the north face, knee deep powder on Easter Sunday one of the best days of the season and Easter Monday was epic. You've got nearly 400cm of snow to play in.

Ski flat out 8.30-14.00 and then lunch/ drink beers on terraces......no need to go to Ischgl.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

Ski flat out 8.30-14.00 and then lunch/ drink beers on terraces......no need to go to Ischgl.

Now, that is the way to enjoy April in Austria!

It would however be even better if the lifts opened at 8am, or earlier, in spring.
latest report
Brilliant sunshine today. Stuben first thing was pretty good on piste on the front side/North face. Back up to Valluga and the run to Schindler was pants!!!! piste was harsh, frozen solid with not much surface snow. The 85 run from Schindler down towards the 100 piste was skiing well, firm and almost "squeaky" at the top, and virtually empty. No queues at all, but lower slopes become slush-puppy by 2.00. Late lunch today at Hospitz Alm, and back to the Spa. Still plenty of good skiing to be found throughout the Arlberg.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, check the current night temperatures
@skimastaaah, queues after easter, that would be news....
ski holidays
@Langerzug, yeah, maybe 5 people in front of me at Galzig. Walked on to Valluga 1, Did the Weisse Rausch run into town (via the T bar - obs!) by 52 and not Steisbachtal as a practice for a week on Saturday (23 mins was good considering the T bar speed).
snow report
peanuthead wrote:
Though at least they're not yet charging for tap water, like in Ischgl...

Mind you I saw a woman trying to order a tap water in the underground last week only to be told by Joan in no uncertain terms that she would have to pay for a bottle of water as it cost money to provide heating, live entertainment etc and she could not expect to just turn up and drink tap water. The couple were obviously not regulars as they just turned up and sat down and occupied a table in the evening to get a drink (not eating) without checking first. They got promptly moved on to a table with some other random people. The woman was speechless but everyone who has been there plenty of times were not in the least surprised - completely normal in fact Happy
ski holidays
Ordering free tapwater without ordering any other drinks, that is the unacceptable thing, not the other way around. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
If you want free tapwater only you can get it in your apartment or room!
ski holidays
Langerzug wrote:
Ordering free tapwater without ordering any other drinks, that is the unacceptable thing, not the other way around. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
If you want free tapwater you can get it in your apartment or room!

Yes, totally agree. It was a busy evening too, we were eating out near the back as there was no spaces at all on any of the other tables so expecting to take up space without buying anything was way out of order. The look on the womans face when confronted by Joan was priceless though.
ski holidays
Ja, but paying for tapwater when you're already looping out 150 euros on food and wine is a bit of a jammer
ski holidays
Been in Lech the last few days and thinking of heading into St. Anton. Any recommendations for the order to do routes or areas given the late spring conditions. Also any runs to avoid?
ski holidays
Austria today..Blood Rain

There is 16000 tons of Sahara Sand in the air sweeping north across Austria

Could see this red rain phenomenom today ..
latest report
May miss us in the East

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich-wetter/16-000-Tonnen-Sahara-Sand-ueber-Oesterreich/329618593
latest report
@stanton, Arlberg was in the west last time I looked.
latest report
@Steilhang, Happy
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Austria today..Blood Rain

There is 16000 tons of Sahara Sand in the air sweeping north across Austria

Could see this red rain phenomenom today ..

Not in Warth, Lech, Zurs, St Anton today!

Must be that "Taxi-Juice" you've been brewing! Laughing

dsoutar ........ I was in Lech/Warth today and reckon the piste conditions in Warth/Schrocken pretty damn good especially going into Salober. Runs 251, 252, 253 skied really well apart from last section of the run into SaloberJet lift. Top section coming into Lech from Steinmahder lift nicest snow, got sugary pretty quickly and slushy way before Rud Alpe on the run-in.

Had a late lunch at the Krone, (wedding party making noise)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy