Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Servicing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am about to put my brand new (bought at Christmas / 2 weeks on snow) Salomon Assassin away for a few months ... Sad

Debating whether to service it now (edges / wax / repair some minor base damage) or wait until just before my first trip of 2018?

What do SHs think?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is the minor base damage? If it's major enough to need ptex or epoxy you should be doing it asap. You should really put a layer of wax on (and not scrape it off) before it goes into storage. Imo edges (as long as there is no rust) can wait but if your waxing it anyway you might as well do them at the same time. Personally i would scrape and rewax at the start of next season, but you might be ok with just scraping.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Service it up (edges/ptex) before you put it away and then leave it storage waxed through summer. Make sure it's dry and rub wax all over the edges to prevent rust. I also chuck in a silica gel pad to suck any moisture up in the Gig bag.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy