Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow-wear for women - some questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Negative correlation, possibly, as on average people are fatter than they used to be. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm looking at this Swedish brand for myself and they look like they have some nice offerings for women (no affiliation at all, I wear Norrona stuff):

https://www.stellarequipment.com/uk/w-stellar-shell-jacket-pink-534

I'm going to wait until the season ends when, I hope, they'll have a sale.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I concur with @pam w, bum size does not always increase with age. There are many young ladies round here with curvy figures, yet Mrs NBT (just over 30, obviously) retains her slim figure

Courmayeur. Fantastic conditions. Jane loves her new Snooks Union Jacket by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Courmayeur. Fantastic conditions. Jane loves her new Snooks Union Jacket by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Back on topic, we backed the SNOOKS kickstarter in October or so - we really liked the idea of supporting a couple of young ladies producing ski wear designed BY women FOR women, and on top of that buying ski gear made in the UK. We're both firm believers in supporting local business where possible rather than buying cheap stuff made in a sweatshop and shipped halfway across the world. As usual, things ran a little late so the planned shipping date of mid-January slipped a little and it was looking like early to mid-Feb - not great given that we flew out on holiday on Feb 4th. However the girls at Snooks were *brilliant* and pulled out all the stops to get one of the first jackets off the line shipped out to us in time to take it away with us. From my point of view the jacket looked great and was worth every penny. I'd recommend looking at Snooks gear. I'm sure Mrs NBT will be along later to add her thoughts on the jacket
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a look on the link above and like the look of the ski pants.
Not a great fan of the France circa 1970s style and prefer lots of pockets so I don't have to bother with a rucksack.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a Snooks Jacket (possibly the first one on the slopes worn by a member of the public).

It is a wonderful piece of ski wear.
The jacket has a pull string waist.
Four outer pockets, inner pockets and a lift pass pocket on the sleeve.
The pockets don't look baggy when filled with the usual tissues, lippy, snacks, sun cream, purse etc.
They only had one colour on offer, which is a dark/brighter green combination, with bright orange zips.
Big hood to fit the fashionable bobble hat or helmet.
light shell like feel, so you can layer up underneath, yet be cooled down in spring conditions.
The back of the jacket comes down very low, almost like a parker.
Pit zips, velcro around sleeve cuff and hand pieces (sorry don't know the correct name).
It felt comfortable when skiing, warm on the chairs and looked great.
I am the wrong side of 50 and didn't feel that I looked like mutton dressed as lamb.
Sizing came out a little larger than expected, but with the draw string and long back this hasn't been a problem.
I wish snooks all the best because all the points raised in other posts above, seem to have been thought out and sorted in the jacket design.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks great on you, and thanks for the detailed feedback.
Not sure the square design in the upper half will suit my swimmers' shoulders and big boobs but I will watch out for next season's designs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scamper, Thanks.
I think the design will be good for you, as the draw waist will pull in the centre of the jacket if you decide to get a slightly bigger size to accommodate wide shoulders and a bigger chest.

My old jacket used to feel so lumpy around the base where all the pockets were. This jacket feels as though everything is distributed well. Also you could not use the upper pockets for comfort. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, I must admit my current jacket is very heavy and looks shapeless... probably time to move on, sad though I'll be.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam_w I don't recall implying that this was only an issue for women over the age of 30, my original post makes no reference to age at all. I've had junk in my trunk since high school so this is by no means a new issue for me since turning 30. The only time I think I could have got into a pair of North Face ski pants would have been before puberty.

My only reference to age was that I'm not 'down with the kids' - this still isn't so much an age reference, but rather implying that I'm not confident enough to wear uber cool snowboarder gear.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I also backed he Snooks campaign, and whilst i liked the look of the jacket Im holding out to see if they do a slightly more high tech version (above 10,000) and BIB pants would also be fab.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
@Skiswithsass, your implication that wimmin over 30 will have bigger backsides is a bit odd. In the exercise classes I go to I'd say there was no correlation between age and bumsize.

I think you'll find it was someone else in this thread who made the over 30 reference, and it was in reference to weird sizes and odd designs not size of bottoms.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely check out https://www.snookswear.co.uk/ Eivy, a swedish brand have great baselayers. Available at https://www.thelatitude.life/collections/eivy or Nikita also do a great women's collection.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I dunno…
Maybe we are overthinking this.

http://youtube.com/v/8SSzlFPjwj8
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy