Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Sterling dropping .................bigtime..

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On that y axis, yes it is. Hear that swish sound? Hand clutching at straws.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So the £ has fallen by just over 1% against the € - big deal.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah yes, the old suppressed origin (aka Truncated Graph) trick to make a small change look more significant. Wink

1% fall = dropping bigtime #stantonfact
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair Pink,

Biggest drop in 2018
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:

*laughs Out Loud ……………… this is a better Forex than your OP Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Biggest drop in 2018

@stanton,

And?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bigtipper wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
martinm wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
Brent crude oil price in $'s over last year

Still very low though.

Getting higher though!

Higher still!

Still climbing to new peaks!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 11-04-19 16:48; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bigtipper,

I think the rise is to do with the likelyhood of a "2nd Referendum" or "UK GE"

Farage Poll is not going so welll

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/anti-eu-group-conducts-brexit-poll-and-it-goes-horribly-wrong/30/09/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
@Bigtipper,

I think the rise is to do with the likelyhood of a "2nd Referendum" or "UK GE"

Farage Poll is not going so welll

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/anti-eu-group-conducts-brexit-poll-and-it-goes-horribly-wrong/30/09/

It will probably have more consequence to a second Scottish independence referendum, however I take you point. The UK does have significant influence on the worldwide price of oil, particularly when you take into account the upcoming demand reduction for oil.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suspect that if the website www.thescotlandeconomic.com conducted an online readership poll it would produce similar results. Unfortunately, a UK wide vote includes other opinions than those in London. (although it does exclude non UK citizens from voting)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, looks like pound is gaining a little against the euro!

Blame those pesky Italians
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:

And compared to your post of 21 Feb where is sterling now? Oh yeah, it's back to where it was before your "bigtime" drop. NehNeh Laughing

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yawn.
How about we change the subject to skiing? Isn't that was this group is about?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton,

£:€ above 1.13 next season could be cheaper than last season 😊
snow conditions
Over the last 10 years since October 2008 the average exchange rate between the £:€ has been 1.20.

I am not sure what your definition of significance is. It would appear to me that recent movements are nothing more than normal random variation from the mean.

However, the price of oil on the other hand ......
snow report
******BREAKING NEWS******

This season is NOT going to be A LOT more expensive, nor was the last, or the previous or indeed any time back to 2013 - for Snowheads bashes at least.

So Admin has been doing bashes since time began and guess what, this years accommodation is a whole (Drum Role Please!!)

A WHOLE 36P MORE EXPENSIVE!!

Lift pass has increased by 10 Euros (not that brexit has anything to do with that) and the exchange rate currently is better now than it was this time last year.

Ive no idea what the hell all those Snowheads are going to cut back on with their 36p loss, it will be tragic......

And what about further back..... well accommodation cost has increased £76 over 7 Birthday bashes, circa 2% a year. Nothing unusual there then

Ok ok I hear you say what about the exchange rate, well, the average exchange rate over the last 10 years has been GBP to EUR 1.19, currently we are at 1.145 - a 4% loss.

4% on food on the mountain and lift passes

Holiday ruined.
snow report
@PaulC1984, nailed it
snow report
@stanton, you've gone very quiet! What a delight!
snow conditions
esaw1 wrote:
@stanton, you've gone very quiet! What a delight!

Only because Forex today stands at £1 = $1.34, and £1 = 1.14 Euros.

Stanton ………………. change the title to "Next years going to be CHEAPER, much CHEAPER than I possibly imagined"

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-10-18 21:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, very nicely put.
ski holidays
Sorry if it’s been posted elsewhere :

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/dam/jcr:b22dab09-7c45-4540-96d9-a81790fd9980/post-office-travel-money-ski-resort-report-2018.pdf
snow report
Make of it what you will
snow conditions
@Bennyboy1, Them pesky Frenchies …………. the PO has got to change the French ski resort prices from Roubles in to Euros first. That adds a bit! Toofy Grin

Begs the question of why ski in France when UK punters get so ripped off.
ski holidays
May be because they see them coming. There seems to be a British infatuation with skiing in France.
snow report
We've just sorted La Tania for a week end of Jan, under £900 all in for catered chalet, transfers, flights and lift pass.

As for spending abroad, I use my Monzo card.
ski holidays
Quote:

Begs the question of why ski in France when UK punters get so ripped off.

Only if you go to the "big ticket" resorts on the PO's list though wink

We're off to Zermatt fortunately I won't be taking lessons and only need to hire skis so figuring less than £400 for ski costs. Non-ski costs (coffee lunch etc...) about the same as usual.
snow report
halfhand wrote:
... Only if you go to the "big ticket" resorts on the PO's list though wink ....

Post Office Money... a service of the bank of Ireland. Stress tested, I'm sure.

Otherwise: https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=5Y
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Canazei, flights, transfers, catered chalet, lift pass = £675.

Half the price of last years trip to Tignes LL (€8 a pint and €15 for a basic burger, and that was at The Marmot in the resort!).
latest report
stanton wrote:
@Alastair Pink,

Biggest drop in 2018

Deutsche Bank shares, you recommended them, remember. At 11 Euros, and were buying them. Hope you bought a bundle.

Your financial advice has been 100% wrong.
snow report
blahblahblah wrote:
stanton wrote:
@Alastair Pink,

Biggest drop in 2018

Deutsche Bank shares, you recommended them, remember. At 11 Euros, and were buying them. Hope you bought a bundle.

Your financial advice has been 100% wrong.

Well that's useful to know - just read stanton's advice, do the exact opposite and you're quids in! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thinking about this season it may be rather bittersweet. In addition to the usual stress around snow cover and suitable weather the pound is likely to be rather weak and the British are unlikely to be the most popular visitors in town. And then we get back home we have Brexit to look forward to. rolling eyes

This year the comfort that we treasure from ski holidays may be more needed than ever.
snow report
@Peter S, I disagree with us being unpopular. In Tignes we are welcomed with open arms and the locals are scared of going bankrupt if we don't go because we are hounded by les politiques in Paris, who are hated more than our parliamentarians.
ski holidays
@chocksaway,

The British will not be mIssed in Ski Areas

They do not tip

Thats why we serve up leftover food/Drink & they still do not notice Very Happy Very Happy

There are plenty of wealthy generous replacements coming from Eastern Europe and beyond who demand higher standards
snow report
stanton wrote:
Thats why we serve up leftover food/Drink & they still do not notice Very Happy Very Happy
I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dutch seasonaire kitchen porter with a chip on his shoulder
latest report
BergenBergen wrote:
stanton wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dutch seasonaire kitchen porter with a chip on his shoulder

I suppose he keeps the chip in position using a dollop of mayo....... Toofy Grin
snow report
stanton wrote:
@chocksaway,

The British will not be mIssed in Ski Areas

They do not tip

There are plenty of wealthy generous replacements coming from Eastern Europe and beyond who demand higher standards

Dear god, where does the hatred for British people come from?

I appreciate that Holland is a small and insignificant country by world standards, and is interchangeable with your neighbours when you play the "name a famous Belgian game".

To answer your points -

1 Yes we do - in my experience more than French people in same establishment

2 Usual facile comment based on no facts - if anyone were served "leftover food" they would send it back

3 As you (should) know, the wealthy eastern europeans tend to stick to specific resorts - what happens to the others?

As chocksaway said - if brits disappeared from Tignes / Val D the local tourist economy would be in deep doo doo.
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
the British are unlikely to be the most popular visitors in town. .

why do you think that Peter?
snow report
stanton wrote:

That's because even the 'good' stuff is crap Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@stanton, Eastern European’s tipping more than Brits?

Tbh for Europeans Brits tip pretty well, probably second Globally only to North American’s (who take it way too far)!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy