Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, doesn't deal in FACTS.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chocksaway wrote:
Oil has dropped in price this week.

Yes but petrol has gone up!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
........ and what does that tell you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rogg, that there's no correlation between oil and petrol prices? There's a time lag and petrol prices will go down soon? It's becoming more expensive to make petrol from crude oil? The pound's going down against the dollar? Someone's making more profit than usual? Go on, I bet you're dying to tell me the exact reason!

(Whatever the answer, I was just pointing out that things really are getting more expensive, as per the thread title.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a generation growing up now who are buying less cars, using less cars, and finding less need for cars. They are also not buying property, for obvious reasons. This is a function of the price. Price reduces demand.

The consequence of this is that there is a generation growing up who manage just fine without cars and owning property.

What happens when the price drops? Will this generation suddenly decide to buy, or will they be sensible and save more? The UK savings ratio is currently at an all time low (since 1960 when records on a consistent basis are recorded by the ONS). The US have a similar situation with regards to savings ratio.

I think savings will increase, and there will be no buyers when the price drops. People will decide not to sell, and supply will contract.

When I lived in London after University, I had no need for a car. I eventually got a car, but I did not really want or need it. It was a low value second hand car which was a gift. It was a liability, an unnecessary expense. I only used it to get food shopping at a different supermarket in London, instead of shopping in Elephant and Castle and getting the tube back to Kennington or Clapham.

I then got used to having a car. Getting used to living without a car is very good for your bank balance, and your health. I just do not understand why people believe it is necessary!

Car hire, and car clubs in big cities are the way to go. Even better cycle to work. Not as convenient as having your own car, but way cheaper as you do not have to park it outside your one bedroom studio flat.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-prices-could-top-120-before-year-end-2018-07-20
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My main trip next season has worked out £20 cheaper than I paid last year for my main trip.
Last year was Bulgaria. This year is a small French resort that is twice the size of the Bulgarian resort.

It will still be more expensive though, as this years Xmas Market trip is to an Austrian resort.. Would be cheeky not to partake in local activities.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bigtipper wrote:
There is a generation growing up now who are buying less cars, using less cars, and finding less need for cars. They are also not buying property, for obvious reasons. This is a function of the price. Price reduces demand.

The consequence of this is that there is a generation growing up who manage just fine without cars and owning property.

What happens when the price drops? Will this generation suddenly decide to buy, or will they be sensible and save more? The UK savings ratio is currently at an all time low (since 1960 when records on a consistent basis are recorded by the ONS). The US have a similar situation with regards to savings ratio.

I think savings will increase, and there will be no buyers when the price drops. People will decide not to sell, and supply will contract.

When I lived in London after University, I had no need for a car. I eventually got a car, but I did not really want or need it. It was a low value second hand car which was a gift. It was a liability, an unnecessary expense. I only used it to get food shopping at a different supermarket in London, instead of shopping in Elephant and Castle and getting the tube back to Kennington or Clapham.

I then got used to having a car. Getting used to living without a car is very good for your bank balance, and your health. I just do not understand why people believe it is necessary!

Car hire, and car clubs in big cities are the way to go. Even better cycle to work. Not as convenient as having your own car, but way cheaper as you do not have to park it outside your one bedroom studio flat.

Its quicker to get around on public transport in London though + the buses & trains/tubes are frequent. Not so much for the rest of the country. You need a car where I live as public transport is not frequent & takes to long.
My partner commutes everyday & quite often she is stuck with cancelled trains where the next one is not due for another 30 minutes. There is the other issues of trains not being big enough to cope with the amount of passengers or being aligned to rush hour either end of the day. She gets into her office at 8.35 (next train would mean her getting to the office at 9.05 ie to late) & when she finishes at 5, she would miss the train by 5mins resulting in a 25min wait - so thats best part of an hour lost. Throw in a fair few amount of cancellations/delays & thats a lot of time being lost/wasted.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can someone please define "a lot" Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://moneyweek.com/dont-get-oil-shocked-prepare-your-portfolio-for-pricier-crude/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok Smartass, how about you sell me a Dec 2020 60/50 put spread?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adithorp wrote:
Can someone please define "a lot" Puzzled

And, given that this thread started in 2016, whether it was actually true! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mr.Egg, the internet was not born when I was in London. So getting food shopping delivered, after ordering at work, was not possible. I would probably do that now, so reducing the need for a car. I did order pizza delivery a lot, and put on a fair bit of weight too.

One of the things I really disliked in the summers, was the heat in the underground and the overcrowding and sweating at peak times. I suppose there is air conditioning nowadays. (a quick check on wikipedia says not for the Northern line. It was always cooler without air conditioning on the central and circle lines, so not much need for air conditioning which they have added there)

Getting around in the south and north circular by car was log jammed 30 years ago, I hate to think what it is like now. Makes me think of "falling down" again, the movie about a man snapping because of the heat, unemployment, congestion, and the price of a coca-cola! (oh and the fact that they would not serve breakfast menu one minute after the deadline of 10.30am at a fast food outlet)

In Japan, you have to prove you have somewhere to park a car before you are allowed to buy one! Imagine that....

I just read (25/7/2018) that people are complaining on Twitter about no air conditioning on the cental line until 2030. Maybe I misread the wikipedia article. Then I saw a program about sticky blood caused by air pollution, so I read some more. Fatty foods, cholesterol, air pollution, high temperatures on the tube, OMG London is a heart attack waiting to happen!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 3-08-18 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sterling is falling this morning....

https://www.investing.com/currencies/gbp-eur-chart
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sterling fell by a massive 2 tenths of a cent this morning and then recovered to where it started by 1030.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Sterling is falling this morning....
I believe you are by quite a margin the larger fool.
latest report
11 month LOW
snow report
stanton wrote:
11 month LOW

Wrong:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

and even 'wronger' if you look at the year like most people
snow conditions
@stanton, It looks like you forgot to post Sterling was up 0.15% against the dollar, so why is that? Did it not fit in with your anti-UK political bollox? Why do you only post negative anti-UK stuff? You really are a sad little person. Sad
snow conditions
@king key,
He's scared of UK leaving the EU
Its quite funny that an EU citizen who has run off to a non EU country thinks its a bad idea to leave the EU.
Pot.Kettle.Black
snow report
I think he's pi$$ed off that he can't get UK citizenship. Laughing And yet again they were beaten in the Tour De France. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@Mr.Egg, @king key, He just does it to wind us up. Just a sad idiot who can’t get his kicks any other way
latest report
@king key,

£/$

Does not matter.

The percentage of UK tourists who visit US is tiny compared to the EU.
ski holidays
Sterling will fall lower against the Euro...
snow report
stanton wrote:
@king key,

The percentage of UK tourists who visit US is tiny compared to the EU.

Maybe so, but I spend a lot more in the US than I do on trips to Europe.
Ive spent 3 weeks in mainland europe the last year & 2 weeks in the states.
Excluding flights, I spent about 3 times as much in the US than I did in Europe.
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, yes the US is expemsive..its not like the 80/90's anymore when skiing,gas, beer,food was cheap & fun....

Just no value anymore in the States..

Full of chain shops/reataurants , bad food & fat people.
ski holidays
@stanton, And you are really George Soros? Do tell us of your vast experience of the financial currency exchange markets.
Where did you study and which financial exams do you hold?
Which financial institutions did you work for?
If you hold none of the above then my Koi carp in my pond can predict no worse than you, probably in fact better as they are unbias.
snow report
@king key, there is a reason i live in CH

Exams, Certificates etc are for insecure people .....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So you can't show that you have any financial experience whatsoever and you admit you know nothing......... gosh, what a surprise. Shock
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Well, I like my doctor and lawyer to have passed some exams. Smile Smile

Only people who can't pass exams sneer at them
snow conditions
Sterling will open Monday morning LOW
latest report
stanton wrote:
Sterling will open Monday morning LOW

What's low ?

Parity £1 = €1 or is it going to drop a miniscule cent or so?
snow conditions
Buy low sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Quote:

And those that look after the aircraft I fly in
And those that work in the City buying and selling shares
And those that ...

Sheesh - What planet is stantroll on?
snow report
@skitrack,

Einstein
Newton
Pythagoras
Schubert
Strauss
Beethoven

Never took Tests they were just Clever & Creative Folks. Very Happy
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
stanton wrote:
11 month LOW

Wrong:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

and even 'wronger' if you look at the year like most people

RIGHT !!

https://www.brecorder.com/2018/08/06/432486/sterling-sinks-to-11-month-low-after-uk-minister-says-no-deal-brexit-likely/
latest report
stanton wrote:
@skitrack,

Einstein
Newton
Pythagoras
Schubert
Strauss
Beethoven

Never took Tests they were just Clever & Creative Folks. Very Happy
And you're trying to compare yourself (the village idiot) with them! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So you don't think pilots should be qualified, should we just use someone who's had a bit of a go on a Playstation fly passenger planes?
Or do we really need qualified ski instructors or would anyone who can put a pair of skies on the right way around be good enough?

Carry on Stantroll, what's your next joke?
ski holidays
@king key, Pilots will be indispensable in the not to distant future... You can learn to ski without ski instructors...

king key wrote:
Carry on Stantroll, what's your next joke?

@king key

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/9640-pound-to-euro-and-dollar-exchange-rates-down-on-sterling-fear-factor

I feel sorry for the British Tourists to the EU who will feel take a huge financial hit (winter/summer 2018/2019)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 6-08-18 14:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Dad, Dad, is it more expensive yet, is it Dad, is it?
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/kzXvgUayNh8
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy