Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Boris wrote:
What's a luft pass?
I guess it's some sort of ticket that Lufthansa use ....... Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
The end of the seasonaire? Loss of UK holiday jobs could push up cost of ski holiday

A new report has warned that the loss of 25,000 seasonal holiday jobs caused by changes to European legislation could push the cost of ski holidays up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/british-tourism-jobs-at-risk-post-brexit-with-the-ski-industry-most-at-risk/

Only for those sad to55ers that can't do their own ski hols!!!

I've just returned from my (first) ski hol of 2018........... Aosta/Courmayeur ......... had great snow, great service. good prices.................. BUT........... you are right! the Euro/Pound exchange really makes basics overpriced.

Looking forward to Lech/Zurs at February to see if exchange rates really do affect quality Austrian service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.alvexo.com/blog/brexit/much-brexit-cost-uk-households/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, That link is almost a month old. I see a new month and a new year haven't stopped you being a complete tw#t.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Boris,
Blahblahblah and Stanton were talking about the £/$ and US lift pass prices. Try and keep up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FALLING POUND Pound to euro exchange rate – sterling drops despite analysts predicting a continued recovery in 2018

UK currency dropped by 0.19 per cent overnight as of 8am today marking a slight blip in an otherwise steady upward trend since September 2017

What has happened to the euro conversion rate in the last few months?

Sterling is down around 13 per cent against the euro and 11 per cent against the dollar compared with before the EU Referendum of June 2016.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@zzz, troll was talking about prices I couldn't find anywhere

And you're about a week late replying - try and keep up wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
UK currency dropped by 0.19 per cent overnight

Nooooo!!! That's it, I'm ending it all.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Which season you talking about now @stantroll?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
He has changed his name to @Mohamed, as this is now the most popular name in Holland.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blahblahblah wrote:
He has changed his name to @Mohamed, as this is now the most popular name in Holland.

What is it in the UK "Patel" ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would think that Singh might be more popular. Patel is 45th.

You down about this @mohamed?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blahblahblah wrote:
I would think that Singh might be more popular. Patel is 45th.

You down about this @mohamed?

Hardly a surprise. The Nettherlands has one of the biggest & expanding Islamic population in Europe.

All first Sons have to be called Mohamed in retarded Islam.

They do not practice contraception either.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:

What is it in the UK "Patel" ?

No, probably Mohamed Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just got back from Obergurgl, Austria. Had an excellent time, as usual. V friendly locals, good snow, good service.

I noted that the resort's website states: "... the UK is the resort’s second most important market. In winter 2016/17, 143,000 overnight stays were booked by tourists from the UK, which accounted for 23 per cent of the total number of tourists from various nations in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. In spite of Brexit, the number of regular guests from the island kingdom grew by 6.5 per cent."
ski holidays
@martinm, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/9196-parliament-bulldoze-plans-for-withdrawal-bill
latest report
Bigtipper wrote:
martinm wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
Brent crude oil price in $'s over last year

Still very low though.

Getting higher though!

Higher still!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 30-09-18 20:25; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@mitcva,
Quote:

In spite of Brexit, the number of regular guests from the island kingdom grew by 6.5 per cent."

...or maybe 'one last hurrah' before Brexit?
Brexit and any after-effects haven't happened yet.
snow report
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/special-features/brexit-make-more-expensive-you-14784011
snow report
Your statement at the end of July 2016 (two thousand and sixteen) MMXVI

stanton wrote:
Sterling parity with Euro & US Dollar £1 = €1/$1 by this coming Ski Season.

How did that work out for you then?
ski holidays
Quote:
Here Mark Sinclair from Kleinwort Hambros in Little Chesterford explain how your holiday money may not go as far this year.

What would do without old Mark Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:
In the short term exchange rates will also be driven by technical indicators, and political uncertainty; however these factors don’t tend to be long lasting.
latest report
Warning GBP Looking Extremely Vulnerable Right Now" - ING

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/9350-warning-gbp-looking-extremely-vulnerable-right-now-ing
snow report
Quote from article:

"Even the slightest progress on Brexit could therefore enable a decent recovery in July.

Analyst Thu Lan Nguyen with Commerzbank is actually quite sanguine on Sterling re. Brexit saying to him the market still appears relaxed about Brexit, which is likely to be due to the fact that it continues to expect a last minute deal.

"For now it seems that there is plenty of time until October – when an agreement should be reached to give the national parliaments of the EU members sufficient time to ratify the agreement. My guess? The market is only going to get really nervous a few days before the deadline. Until then I do not expect any major momentum for the GBP exchange rates from any Brexit news. As a result today’s World Cup match against Belgium is likely to be of more interest to the Brits than the EU summit," says Nguyen."

So no news then.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Warning GBP Looking Extremely Vulnerable Right Now" - ING

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/9350-warning-gbp-looking-extremely-vulnerable-right-now-ing

skiing in the Arlberg looking extremely vulnerable right now. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Sterling puts in a lot of effort but as yet no goals for England. Unfortunately, I dropped him from my fantasy team, but I did have Maguire which provided an unexpected bonus.
latest report
Sterling's lack of control has led to fall in confidence...…

Bigtipper -- be careful, stanton will be along in a short while to tell you to 'get back on topic'...!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sterling been in freefall

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44900164

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/9510-gbp-to-eur-weakest-close-eu-general-affairs-council
snow report
Stanton clearly never heard of margin calls
snow conditions
Stanton clearly never heard of margin calls
ski holidays
@stanton, When do you think we might see parity? I need to know when to buy some Euros and would appreciate your undoubted expertise.
snow report
Continental Skiing is getting more expensive for those paid in pounds. On the other hand those paid in Euros should find prices more affordable in Scotland and the north of England snowHead
snow report
"Next season is going to be a lot more expensive" Shocked .
Errr, nope. As a noobie I had to buy ALL my skiing gear last year. Skis, boots, luggage, clothes, the lot for the BB . But this year I only have to pay for the BB itself; so it's going to work out much cheaper. In fact, as my wife is kindly paying for my skiing holiday (the BB) for me, out of her own money; it'll actually cost me peanuts. Happy days. wink snowHead Cool
Wrong again Stanton. Oh dear, oh dear, how sad, never mind. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
removed. not especially relevant to the topic

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 5-08-18 17:48; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
I like to compare daily all in prices, as that motivates me to continue skiing in Scotland. The main reason I say that is the weather. To book a weeks holiday abroad, you have to accept about 50% or more of the days skiing will be in poor weather/visability/wind. Having spent a long time skiing from a van abroad, I only ever skied on good days. Thereby keeping the lift pass costs down.

So as a comparison, to ski in Scotland can be as little as £0-£100 for a full days skiing. I will only go when the snow is good, and the weather is great.

To get such good value abroad, when you include all the added costs, you would struggle to manage it for £150 per day. Which turns out to be £300 for each good day as about 50% of the days are poor weather days.

Granted the variety of the skiing can be better abroad, and the pistes and lifts might be quicker and better groomed, but as an ageing skier I am less and less looking for difficult terrain and more and more looking for good weather and a nice day out.

£0 per day in Scotland if I cycle to the base of local hill, carry skis up, and ski down. Costs of skiing elsewhere in Scotland are mainly transport and lift pass. Most of the cost of skiing in Scotland per day are transport (for me), although I am reducing this cost with experience (sometimes the lift pass is more expensive than the transport there).

snow report
@Awdbugga,

So your clever buying early shopping etc..out of season....

Thats just avoiding the real rises which the majority of UK tourist will feel...

You can not get around the fact that sterling is down against the Euro and with a Hard Brexit looming it will fall quite sharply.....

Oil price is rising
Food prices are rising
UK Salaries are not rising

£-€ Parity could really happen this winter
snow conditions
Quote:

£-€ Parity could really happen this winter
already is if you change your money at Southampton Airport
snow conditions
@Bigtipper, that's very inspiring, what a way to approach doing what you love ! Time to tell the wife and kids we're moving north snowHead
latest report
@stanton, Oil has dropped in price this week.
UK wages are rising faster than inflation, as published this week and that includes the inflationary pressures of the recent spike in oil price.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy