Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere?!?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been here before. i've heard it's good for children and babies. Also is there much to do in the town, shops and swimming? restaurants and bars...of course has anyone any advice on the skiing here. Basically anything anyone can tell me about the place before i witter on anymore NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our local La Rosiere expert will be along shortly.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adance, I am not the local expert but like flies round melon in the desert, that title will attract him . On 2nd thoughts he is away for a few days>. I think the only swimming is in certain chalets or complex that have ther own. Ski shops yes, the ocaisional novelty shop, but Oxford Street NO. I think its a fantastic place for parents with kids that are learning to, or can ski. It is a very friendly place, even the lifties smile and say hello. Everything is chaeper than n the Mega resorts, ski schools excellent, and the pistes wonderfully uncrowded. We are off back again in Feb. Tell us what you are looking for in a resort and Snowheads will come up with suggestions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
adance, La Rosiere has over 150 kms of pistes and is the only International resort in Savoie, it's at 1850 metres and south facing so it's virtually guaranteed to have good snow, if you go to our website (www.tracksvacations.com) you'll find the Ski Club's historical records of snowfall. I can tell you that at the moment there's almost too much in the village. It's a great resort for famillies, good ski schools and a very friendly atmosphere, there are sonme reviews inb the resorts section. Prices are lower than in the mega resorts nearby and I consider our lift pass to be the best value in the Alps. When are you thinking of going? We've got an ad in snowShops which will give you information about our chalet. FTS is right there isn't a public swimming pool in the resort, although a couple of apartment complexes have got swinning pools but we've got just about everything else you'd want for a great holiday.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 12-12-05 12:33; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are staying in La Rosiere at half term and chose it as a result of recommendations on snowHead The swimming pool was why we chose to stay here
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevinrhead, that's the new MGM complex up at Les Eucherts, you're about a mile away from the village proper but it's got a new (last year) six man high speed chair that you can ski to from Les Cimes Blanches and one of the best restuarants in the village, L'Ancolie is located there. Their terrace is a great spot to sit out on, it's south facing usually sunny and alongside a nice black piste, for some good viewing. There is a regular shuttle bus service to and from the village until about 8pm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David@traxvax, Many thanks looks like we could have chosen a good location. We will have our car with us so getting to village proper should not be a problem. I would appreciate any other recommendations of places to eat both on the mountain and in the village (particularly reasonable places as when you have to pay for four eating out gets expensive!) I did look at your chalet but you were already booked up for half term may be another year if we like La Rosiere. I would also appreciate any advise on best route to take driving in.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevinrhead, L'Ancolie as already mentioned, can be a little expensive in the evening but a very good spot for lunch as they do a Plat de Jour at around 10/11 Euros, le Petit Relais right by the beginners ski slopes is very good value, both lunch time and evening, Willy's Bar right next door, is good for lunch time snacks, most of the instructors eat there, the Travasette near the Fort chair lift is a super lunch stop, nice big terrace for sunny days with great views. Over on the Italian side 2 particular recommendations are, Lo Riendet on Pista 7 and the Rascard in the village of La Thuile. It's probaly best to just list the ones to avoid, Le Solaret, Les Marmottes and Le Plein Soliel have all disappointed so best avoided, just about every where else is fine. La Turie is probably the best restuarant in the village but it can get expensive, so it's one for a special occassion, that's where we're going for our Xmas treat.
In terms of the best route, it's very easy, 10 hrs driving from Calais or Boulogne, just take the Autoroute, A26 pasdt Rheims, E5/A31 past Troyes, Dijon, A6 to Lyon, take the A420/A430 to Chambery, avoids Lyon, then onto Albertville where the Autoroute ends, N90 then to La Rosiere, past Moutiers and Bourg St Maurice. It's Autoroute until the last 70 kms then dual carriageway to Moutiers, you'll only need snowchains in the village or on the last 23kms from BSM, if it's snowing. No problem parking in the village and no need to use your car when you're here, the navette works very well and the walk from La Rosiere to Les Eucherts isn't to deamanding.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 13-12-05 13:38; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David@traxvax, Many thanks for comprehensive reply. I have never driven this route before but suspect that as it is abusy weekend there are likely to be some traffic blacksspots so intend to drive in relatively early. Have you any idea what time traffic starts building up and where problems are likely to be Puzzled

adance, Apologies for hijacking your thread if you have not found it the Snowheads resort report on La Rosiere is Here

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 12-12-05 14:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevinrhead, L'Ancolie Is best reserved for one of those leisurley lunch days. We had a wonderful couple of hours in there on the last day when we were all knackered. Alternatley The 2 lunch stops in the San Bernado pass area (on the border ish) do very nice cheap snack lunches, soup, sandwiches etc.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinrhead, What dates are you in LR?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kevinrhead, Alternatley The 2 lunch stops in the San Bernado pass area (on the border ish) do very nice cheap snack lunches, soup, sandwiches etc.

Don't forget the hot chocolate with cream at the one to the left of the PSB chair lift. Looked like they did a mean sandwich at lunchtime as well, but we didn't do lunch there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP, And dont forget the Bombardinos. Very Happy snowHead A superb brandy or whiskey and egg nog, cream and god knows what else magnificence of a hot drink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, We are there for a week from 11th Feb.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kevinrhead, Ah well, we may pass on the road Sad
snow conditions
kevinrhead, we only usually drive out at the beginning and back at the end of the season, so we don't really see too much traffic. Although from driving out at Xmas, I'd say that the peages on the main autoroutes can get busy, watch out for the sign 'Bouchons' on the overhead gantries. If you driving on a Sat then the N90 will get busy before you get to Moutiers, the jams usually start at the first ski station exits from the N90, there are traffic lights to control the flow and the Gendarmes are often stationed at the exits. So it could be a crawl for the last 38kms from Moutiers to BSM, the route up to La Rosiere is very rarely severly congested and it it is, we avoid it by using the 'black run' the old road up through the villages, not recommended unless you've got strong nerves and winter tyres, definitely not recommended if it's snowing.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, Thanks appreciate that. One final question can you recommend a place for ski servicing whilst in the resort?
ski holidays
kevinrhead, I've always found Twinner to be very helpful, they'll service your skis overnight and they're right in the centre of the village.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy